Ski Holidays in St Christoph, Austria
St Christoph in the Arlberg region of Austria forms part of the best ski area in Austria.
The ski resort is directly linked to St Anton by the ski pistes and by resort shuttle. St Christoph is located on the Arlberg pass between St Anton and Zurs. Being linked to the St Anton means that guests in St Christoph have a vast ski area to explore. The resort has reliable snow both early and late season given the altitude and its location in the Arlberg.
Accommodation in the compact resort offers easy access to the lifts and the slopes run right into the heart of the resort. Not nearly as big or vibrant as the neighbouring St Anton, the village is well suited to those who want a more sedate stay, whilst accessing the absolute pinnacle of Austrian skiing terrain.
Small, refined, traditional: a spacious yet very cozy mountain hut offering 700 guest beds. St. Christoph became famous in the 14th century when the shepherd Heinrich Findelkind built a hospice as a shelter against the whims of nature. Today St. Christoph offers a few hotels and inns. The evenings are best whiled away in rustic lounges where you can sample hearty dishes, fine wines and happy laughter.
Real Resort Reviews: St Anton
The skiing in St Christoph and beyond
• The ski resort is ski-in and ski-out.
• The lower slopes around the resorts cater for the intermediate.
• The resort ski area is joined to the vast and imperious St Anton ski region with all abilities catered for.
• The neighbouring ski resorts of Lech and Zurs are easily accessed by road through the dramatic Arlberg pass.
The resort and après ski
• the resort is far more sedate than the neighbouring St Anton
• cross-country skiing
• limited shopping with far more choice in St Anton or Lech
• restaurants are mainly hotel based but open to the non-guest