Cheap ski holidays in hundreds of ski resorts worldwide.
With the exciting news of the Royal baby being born, we couldn’t help feeling patriotic here at Iglu! With this in mind it gave us an excellent idea for this week’s top 5… Top 5 Royal Resorts.
A ski holiday is the perfect time to feel like royalty! Here are our top 5 resorts that are fit for a king:
1. Klosters - Klosters has acquired international status from the presence of Royals. This picturesque luxury Swiss resort is said to be Prince Charles’ resort of choice and Kate’s relationship with William was first publicised when she was invited to Klosters with the royals in 2005. The Royal Family have a long history at Klosters and would be the most likely destination to bump into them on a chairlift.
2. Meribel - Situated at the heart of one of the world’s premier ski areas it is no surprise that the Royal Family love it in the Three Valleys. With the fantastic ski schools in resort, this may be where Kate and Will bring George on his first ski holiday!
3. Verbier - This year Verbier was the chosen resort for Prince Harry and Prince Andrew’s ski trip where they stayed in a luxurious chalet. The resort isn’t as romantic as Klosters but has world class skiing and world class private chalets to match that cater for the super-rich.
4. Lech - Lech is a popular holiday destination for both Royals and celebrities. The resort is renowned for its 5* hotels, exclusive bars and fancy restaurants and is often seen as the Courchevel of Austria. Being linked to neighbouring resorts Zürs , St Chrisoph, St Anton and Stuben it is becoming one of the world’s greatest ski destinations.
5. Zermatt - Zermatt is one of Switzerland’s top ski areas and is often counted in the world’s top 5. With views of the Matterhorn and skiing up to 3500m it is no wonder that this resort in a firm favourite with the Royals.
You do not currently have any holidays in your shortlist.
You currently have in your shortlist.
AAA Large Online Travel Agent of the Year 2013