Chalet Flegere, Chamonix
Chalet Flegere is an amazing, traditional four / five bedroom alpine chalet in a prime location right next to the Flegere ski area lift station in the Chamonix village of Les Praz. You also have the golf course on your doorstep.
Totally refurbished in autumn 2007 to a very high standard, the chalet now blends contemporary styling with traditional features such as exposed oak beams, solid timber floors and doors, huge open fireplace and large decked double aspect balcony.
Everything a group or family require is provided including leather sofas to seat ten people, a 52” plasma screen TV with UK Satellite Channels, DVD and video players.
Guests will enjoy the shops, hotel-restaurants and bars within Les Praz village, whilst the vibrant heart of Chamonix town is just a 5min drive or a gentle 20 minute walk along the pedestrian/cycle path alongside the river Arve.
With its incredible location right next to the Flegere lift station and superb accommodation, this chalet is sure to be popular, so book early to avoid disappointment!!
Accommodation - Chalet Flegere, Chamonix
- The lounge area– on the upper floor of the chalet is a fantastic open plan space with many traditional features. There are two large leather sofas, 52" plasma screen TV with UK satellite, DVD and video player, a CD player and a wide selection of board games to keep you entertained. French doors take you from the lounge onto the large double-aspect balcony terrace, affording superb views towards Mont Blanc, Les Drus and down the valley. There is also a large, open fireplace for warm and cosy evenings.
- The dining area– has a large, pine dining table that can comfortably seat ten dinner guests.
- The kitchen- is very well equipped for the keen cook, with electric cooker, five ring gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, large American-style fridge freezer, blender and food mixer.
- The garden – runs around three sides of the chalet. It is very private and safe being boarderd by shrubs, making it an ideal garden for snowman building!
The ground floor offers:
- Bedroom 1– is a double with a traditional wrought iron bed and a triple wardrobe. There are views across the garden.
- Bedroom 2– is also a double with triple wardrobe. The side window has views across the garden.
- Bedroom 3– is a twin with large wardrobe, again with views across the garden.
- Bedroom 4 – has bunk beds and large wardrobe. The window has views across to the Flegere cable car station – ideal for keeping an eye on the lift queue in the mornings!
On the upper floor :
- Bedroom 5– is a double bedroom off the main living area. It has an open plan ensuite shower, wash basin and toilet. Although there is restricted head height as the room is under the eaves of the roof, it makes a great ‘den’ for adults and children alike!
Back on the ground floor:
- The Family bathroom– has a bath with shower and glass screen, wash basin and WC.
- The second bathroom– has a shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
There is also a separate WC in the hallway.
- Utility room –located on the ground floor, this houses a sink, washing machine and drying area for clothes, with a back door out onto the garden area.
The chalet has an integral garage with shelves and benches for the storage of skis and boots, with room for one vehicle. This must be used to access the chalet after skiing.
There is good storage space in the chalet, with sets of drawers and/or wardrobes in the bedrooms and extra storage in the utility room.
As the chalet is located on a narrow driveway, there is parking for a vehicle if parked close up to the chalet. Of course, just the other side of the fence is the huge, free parking for the Flegere lift station!
Meals - Chalet Flegere, Chamonix