Chalet Marie-Paradis, Chamonix
On the third floor of the Val d'Arve residence are the penthouse chalet Marie Paradis and chalet Jacques (id:32456). The location cannot be bettered as they are on the Rue de Dr Paccard in the centre of Chamonix in a lovely chalet style building, decorated with lots of wood and classic Alpine designs. Both chalet sleep 6 and are catered independently. They occupy the top (third floor) of the residence which is accessed by stairs and a lift. There is a small hallway between the 2 chalets and they are sole occupants of the top floor. This created the exclusive atmosphere of these penthouse chalets and they are suitable if larger groups of 12 wish to take them both together. Both chalets have a lounge and dining area with balcony views over Mont Blanc (Maire-Paradis) or up the valley to the Col de Balme and Le Tour (Jacques). All of Chamonix amazing array of restaurants, shops and bars are on the doorstep. As the balconies do not overlook the street and all other windows are 'velux-style', this enhances for both these chalets the air of exclusivity above the main hub of chamonix and no noise!
Features - Chalet Marie-Paradis, Chamonix
- 5 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- Located right in the centre of Chamonix
- Aiguille du Midi stop for cog & pinion railway just 2 minutes' walk away
- Each chalet with a cosy lounge/dining area with TV and wood burning stove
- Spectacular views from the balconies
- All bedrooms with en suite facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
Accommodation - Chalet Marie-Paradis, Chamonix
3rd Floor of residence
Lounge dining area with TV and wood burning stove balcony with views of the Col de Balme and Le Tour
Room 1- Double with en suite shower/wc
Room 2 - Twin with en suite shower and wc opposite
Room 3 - Twin with en suite shower/wc
This room is accessed by steep stairs not suitable for small children
Meal - Chalet Marie-Paradis, Chamonix
Food is a highlight of any ski holiday, and our Chalet Hosts will prepare and serve your meals as described here six days per week*. Start the day with a hearty skiers’ breakfast, including a choice of porridge or cereals, tea, coffee, fruit juice, local breads (including croissants and pains au chocolat in France of course!), plus boiled eggs, a choice of preserves, cheese and cold-cut meats, all normally laid out buffetstyle for you. There will also be a hot ‘dish of the day’ available, such as scrambled eggs or pancakes, freshly cooked to order.
Afternoon tea is the traditional ‘welcome home’ for chalet guests at the end of a day’s skiing, with a slice of freshly baked cake, different each day, to accompany your choice of tea or coffee.
Our 4 course dinner menus start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by a starter, main course and dessert, accompanied by a choice of complimentary wines, with coffee or tea and chocolates to follow.
Vegetarian options are always available, and other special diets are available at a supplement if booked in advance
*(On your Host’s one day off each week, they will leave a simpler Continental breakfast out for you to help yourselves, there is no afternoon tea that day, and you can dine out locally in the evening. Your Resort Representative will gladly help out with information and make a reservation for you if you wish.)
Choice of Quality Wines
The wines for our chalets are chosen in conjunction with our good friends and established wine experts, Nicolas and Véronique Perret, who have helped us select two contrasting whites and two choice reds for you to enjoy, unlimited, throughout dinner each evening.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Our Chalet Hotels are the ideal venue for your Christmas or New Year celebrations, providing the perfect festive atmosphere, wonderful food and wines, and our team of staff on hand to ensure you have a simply fantastic week!
Children in Chalets
• Children aged 12 years and over are welcome in all chalets on all dates.
• Children 11 years and under are also welcome as follows – - in our Lapland chalets on all dates. - in any chalet on any date where one group books the entire chalet for their exclusive use; - in any other chalet on peak holiday dates only.
• We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 11 years and under to eat at the adult sitting. However, where children aged 11 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement.