Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere, Courchevel 1850, France
La Croisette is the lively epicentre of 1850 next to the World Cup slalom stadium, where all the main ski-lifts start, the ski-school meets, and skiers throng to the après ski bars.
The recognised absolute best place to stay, is not right in the midst of this hurly-burly, but a convenient 2-minute walk away at the Coq de Bruyère! From here, you have everything that 1850 has to offer conveniently close at hand, (including the ski-hire shop right next door) and sensational views from the hotel across the resort. The slopes are even closer, giving you the easiest possible start and finish to your skiing day.
The open-plan lounge and bar area with its open fireplace, is the ideal place to enjoy a pre- or post-dinner drink in the evenings. There is also a small separate DVD lounge or ‘snug’, providing additional space to relax. The attractive dining-room opens off the bar, and provides the ideal setting for our skiers’ buffet breakfast and ‘Culinary Choice’ evening meals. All the bedrooms have private en suite facilities, with a choice of showers or baths and wc, and many also have a balcony. The third bed in the triple rooms is suitable only for a child under 13 years.
Features - Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere, Courchevel 1850
- Superb location in 1850 resort centre, just two minutes’ walk (200m) from La Croisette
- Skiing virtually to and from the doorstep
- ‘Loze’ piste just along the street, leading to Plantrey chairlift
- Comfortable bedrooms, all with private en suite bath or shower, wc and most with balcony
- Attractive restaurant
- Cosy lounge area & bar with open fireplace
Accommodation - Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere, Courchevel 1850
- Main entrance, lounge/bar with fire, DVD ,stairs down to ski and boot room,
- Reception, dining room, kitchen, 2 wcs
- Rooms 31, 34 & 35-Double with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 32 - Twin with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 33 - Double/child triple with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 36 - Twin/child triple with shower/wc
- Room 41 - Twin with shower/wc
- Rooms 37 & 38 - Single with shower/wc
- Room 40 - Double with shower and bath/wc
- Rooms 42, 48, 49, 50 & 51 - Double with shower/wc and balcony
- Rooms 43, 47 & 52 - Twin/child triple with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 44 - Double/child triple with shower/wc and balcony
- Rooms 45, 46 - Twin with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 53 - Double with shower/wc and balcony
- Rooms 54, 55, 58 - Twin/child triple with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 56 - Double/child triple with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 57 - Twin with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 59 - Single with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 60 & 61 - Double/child triple with bath/wc/balcony
Meals- Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere, Courchevel 1850
For six days of the week the staff prepares all your meals.
Breakfast: We pride ourselves on giving you a great breakfast to start your day, with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit and juices, yoghurts, plentiful English tea and good filter coffee, bread freshly baked in our chalets each morning (plus croissants in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. And to cap it all, we also cook a hot dish of the day for you six days per week, such as sausage and bacon or pancakes with fresh fruit, individually served.
On the chalet hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – our resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a full buffet breakfast (including hot option) is also served on the staff’s day off.
Afternoon Tea: The traditional 'welcome home' after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your chalet or Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff's one day off per week. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children's High Tea: In Chalets and Chalet Hotels with family guests, High Tea provides children under 13 years with a healthy menu, tailored more towards children's tastes and puréed food is available for infants on request. High Tea is at 5.30pm, and children do not join the main adult-only dinner.
Dinner: A tasty and innovative, freshly cooked dinner will be prepared for you six nights per week by your Chalet Host - or by an experienced and professional chef in our larger chalets - and served with a choice of wines. Our four-course adult-only chalet dinners start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and completed by coffee with chocolates to round off your evening. Your choice of complimentary quality wines is unlimited during the meal service, and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
A special feature of our Chalet Hotels is a more extensive culinary experience for our guests. With the greater kitchen facilities of a hotel, our professional chefs are able to offer choices of menu at dinner, generally including lighter as well as more hearty options, and always a vegetarian choice for each course. Guests will be asked to choose their evening meals at breakfast for that evening from a varied daily selection. Vegetarian options are always on our 'Culinary Choice' menu in our Chalet Hotels, and are available in our chalets if you advise us in advance.