Chalet Sarsonnet, Plagne 1800, France
New last year, this chalet has proved to be one of our most popular in France. It is a charming chalet situated close to the lifts and shops of Plagne 1800.
The chalet enjoys a subtle blend of old and new and has a modern feel with tiled floors throughout the communal areas and a more traditional atmosphere in the welcoming lounge and dining area, complete with a magnificent panoramic terrace.
At the end of a hard day on the slopes, guests can relax in the sauna or unwind in one of the two lounge areas. Bedrooms are comfortably furnished and most feature en suite facilities making it an ideal choice for couples and groups alike.
After dinner, the après-ski can be reached easily with a 5 minute walk to the centre of Plagne 1800. Enviably located just a short 3 minutes' walk away from the slopes, the Chalet Sarsonnet makes a fantastic base for those looking to be first on the mountain!
Features- Chalet Sarsonnet, Plagne 1800
- Panoramic mountain views from the terrace
- 5 minutes' walk from the centre of Plagne 1800
- 3 minutes' walk from the slopes
- Charming detached chalet
- Most bedrooms have en suite facilities
- Spacious lounge/dining area with TV/DVD
- Ski room with ski rack and heated boot warmer
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ski room
- TV room
Accommodation- Chalet Sarsonnet, Plagne 1800
Lower Ground Floor:
Ski & boot room
Entrance & sauna
Room 1: Twin with balcony, private bath directly opposite.
Room 2: Twin with balcony, en suite bath. (Separate wc shared by rooms 1 & 2)
Open-plan lounge/dining area.
Suite 3: Double with en suite bath with interconnecting twin room and separate wc.
Mezzanine with lounge/TV/DVD.
Rooms 4 & 5: Twin with en suite bath. Separate wc (shared by rooms 4 & 5).
Meal- Chalet Sarsonnet, Plagne 1800
Food is a highlight of any ski holiday, and our Chalet Hosts will prepare and serve your meals as described here six days per week*. Start the day with a hearty skiers’ breakfast, including a choice of porridge or cereals, tea, coffee, fruit juice, local breads (including croissants and pains au chocolat in France of course!), plus boiled eggs, a choice of preserves, cheese and cold-cut meats, all normally laid out buffetstyle for you. There will also be a hot ‘dish of the day’ available, such as scrambled eggs or pancakes, freshly cooked to order.
Afternoon tea is the traditional ‘welcome home’ for chalet guests at the end of a day’s skiing, with a slice of freshly baked cake, different each day, to accompany your choice of tea or coffee.
Our 4 course dinner menus start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by a starter, main course and dessert, accompanied by a choice of complimentary wines, with coffee or tea and chocolates to follow.
Vegetarian options are always available, and other special diets are available at a supplement if booked in advance
*(On your Host’s one day off each week, they will leave a simpler Continental breakfast out for you to help yourselves, there is no afternoon tea that day, and you can dine out locally in the evening. Your Resort Representative will gladly help out with information and make a reservation for you if you wish.)
Choice of Quality Wines
The wines for our chalets are chosen in conjunction with our good friends and established wine experts, Nicolas and Véronique Perret, who have helped us select two contrasting whites and two choice reds for you to enjoy, unlimited, throughout dinner each evening.
Christmas & New Year Celebrations
Our Chalet Hotels are the ideal venue for your Christmas or New Year celebrations, providing the perfect festive atmosphere, wonderful food and wines, and our team of staff on hand to ensure you have a simply fantastic week!
Children in Chalets
• Children aged 12 years and over are welcome in all chalets on all dates.
• Children 11 years and under are also welcome as follows – - in our Lapland chalets on all dates. - in any chalet on any date where one group books the entire chalet for their exclusive use; - in any other chalet on peak holiday dates only.
• We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 11 years and under to eat at the adult sitting. However, where children aged 11 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement.
†Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea and dinner is 6 days per week, due to chalet staff's day off.