Chalet Hotel Sonneck , Lech, Austria
The Sonneck occupies one half of a beautiful traditional style building, with facilities such as its own heated indoor swimming-pool, sauna, spacious lounge and own residents’ bar, which entirely merit its Chalet Hotel status. Good food is also a priority, with varied dinner options provided by our ‘Culinary Choice’ menu . Situated at the northern edge of Lech, in the Stubenbach part of the resort, the Sonneck offers well fitted bedrooms, all with en suite facilities, and many with balcony or terrace. There is a lovely wood-panelled dining-room, with spectacular views over the village, fronted by the superb sun-terrace – a favourite spot for watching the sun go down, with your choice of après ski drink.
The atmospheric, candle-lit bar, with its old wooden beams, offers the best value in town, and is run exclusively for our guests, making it a lovely spot for a few après ski drinks or an after-dinner party and you can also relax in the spacious lounge area.
Access to the main lifts and resort centre about 1500m away is exceptionally easy. A free daytime bus service runs virtually from the chalet door every 20 minutes until 7.20pm, after which the ‘James’ taxi/bus runs every 30 minutes at a flat rate per person. Occasionally we have an additional separate 2-bedroom apartment for up to 5 people available.
Features - Chalet Hotel Sonneck , Lech
- Heated indoor swimming-pool
- Spacious lounge with log fire
- Own residents’ bar
- All bedrooms with private en suite facilities
- Huge sun-terrace with spectacular views
- Ski-bus stops just outside
Accommodation - Chalet Hotel Sonneck , LechGround Floor:
- Dining room, cosy traditional 'stube' private bar, sun terrace, sauna, ladies and gent's wc's
- Entrance hall, heated ski and boot room, reception and lounge area with log fire
- Swimming pool
- Room 1 - continental twin/triple with shower/bath, separate wc
- Room 11- continental twin with shower/bath/wc, balcony
- Room 12- single with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 14- continental twin with bath/shower/wc and balcony
- Room 15- single with shower/wc and terrace
- Room 16- continental twin/child triple with bath/shower/wc and terrace
- Room 17- continental twin with bath/shower/wc
- Room 21- continental twin/child triple/quad with bath/shower, separate wc and balcony
- Room 22- continental twin/triple with bath/shower/wc and balcony
- Room 23- small twin with shower/wc
- Room 24- continental twin with bath/shower/wc
- Room 25- continental twin/child triple with bath/shower/wc
- Room 31 - continental twin with shower/wc
- Room 32 - continental twin with shower/wc
Meals - Chalet Hotel Sonneck , Lech
For six days of the week the staff prepares all your meals.
Breakfast: We pride ourselves on giving you a great breakfast to start your day, with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit and juices, yoghurts, plentiful English tea and good filter coffee, bread freshly baked in our chalets each morning (plus croissants in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. And to cap it all, we also cook a hot dish of the day for you six days per week, such as sausage and bacon or pancakes with fresh fruit, individually served.
On the chalet hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – our resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a full buffet breakfast (including hot option) is also served on the staff’s day off.
Afternoon Tea: The traditional 'welcome home' after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your chalet or Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff's one day off per week. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children's High Tea: In Chalets and Chalet Hotels with family guests, High Tea provides children under 13 years with a healthy menu, tailored more towards children's tastes and puréed food is available for infants on request. High Tea is at 5.30pm, and children do not join the main adult-only dinner.
Dinner: A tasty and innovative, freshly cooked dinner will be prepared for you six nights per week by your Chalet Host - or by an experienced and professional chef in our larger chalets - and served with a choice of wines. Our four-course adult-only chalet dinners start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and completed by coffee with chocolates to round off your evening. Your choice of complimentary quality wines is unlimited during the meal service, and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
A special feature of our Chalet Hotels is a more extensive culinary experience for our guests. With the greater kitchen facilities of a hotel, our professional chefs are able to offer choices of menu at dinner, generally including lighter as well as more hearty options, and always a vegetarian choice for each course. Guests will be asked to choose their evening meals at breakfast for that evening from a varied daily selection. Vegetarian options are always on our 'Culinary Choice' menu in our Chalet Hotels, and are available in our chalets if you advise us in advance.