La Plagne is one of the most popular ski resorts in France, this large resort is made up of 10 villages with 225km of varied piste suitable for all types of skier. La Plagne is linked to Les Arcs via the Vanoise Express giving skiers and snowboarders a total of 400 km to explore in the Paradiski area.
Subli'Cimes areas include
For chill-seekers – Arpette, Bellecote (2,385 m)
- Two six-seat Jacuzzis, one with an inflatable igloo cover, and a five-seat barrel sauna.
- Seated physiotherapy massages.
- Discovery workshops held outside or in a yurt: tai chi, qi gong, sophrology, yoga, do-in (self-massage) and active meditation.
- Visit the relaxation area with deckchairs, hammocks and zen decoration, and sip on herbal teas.
For thrill-seekers - Roche de Mio, Belle Plagne (2,700 m)
- 10-metre long waterslide to whizz down on rubber rings.
- 15-metre long giant ball ‘Wipe Out’ course - try jumping from one ball to the next to get to the other side of the inflatables.
- Unique DJ cabin car with partner Jaguar Land Rover, bringing music to the slopes (5 – 11 April).
For history-lovers - Grande Rochette, Plagne Centre (2,505 m)
- Viking village atmosphere: visit booths and a large tent, decorated with a longship on a sea of snow.
- Warrior combat demonstrations, archery and javelin initiation (subject to snow conditions), games to test strength and traditional Viking games of Mia and Talbut.
- Creative workshops: making mini longships, shields, wrist protectors, sundials, rune initiation.
- Dress in Viking costumes in the photo corner, and sit on a large snow-sculpted chair for fun photo opportunities.
- Learn about myths and legends and decorate runic stones.
- Try hot apple juice, mead, and savoury pancakes.
For magic-believers – Fornelet, Montalbert (1,970 m)
- Entertainment for all ages in a magical, wintery setting.
- Ride a mini snow-train lost in the mountains.
- Discover a wooden wheel carried by the wind.
- Enjoy surprises and sweets from the snow fairy.
BEAUTY AND NATURE
For pamper-seekers – Bécoin, Plagne Centre/Aime La Plagne (2,350 m)
- Burlesque corner on the theme of ‘Back to Nature’.
- The world’s highest pop-up beauty salon (brow shaping, make-up, and nail varnish by student beauticians from the Silvya Terrade school).
- Barber shop (beard shaping and pre- and post-shave treatments).
- Tattoo Box body painting (temporary tattoos and face painting).
- A naturopath will be on site offering energy smoothies, fruit and vegetable juice extractions, allowing visitors to create their own energy bars, and giving dietary advice.
- Visit the solarium and sun-cream bar.
For prehistoric-lovers – Rossa, Champagny (2,380 m)
- Explore a mysterious ice grotto, shaped like a giant dinosaur egg.
- Discover dinosaur-themed sculptures dug into the snow.
- Take part in fun and creative palaeontology games to find animal prints in the snow or to discover hidden bones, and see an exhibition of fossils.
- Experience the thrills of a snow half-pipe.
Chalet Charmant, 1 Apr 17 from £399 pp
Chalet Benoite, 08 Apr 17 from £569 pp
Chalet Petit Bois, 15 Apr 17 from £450 pp