Chalet Christophorus, Obergurgl, Austria
Set in a quiet cul-de-sac off the main street, right on the slopes at the foot of the imaginatively named No 6 Blue run, with the beginners ski area literally just behind the chalet and the ski school meeting point a mere 50m away, the Christophorus has got to be one of the best located chalets in the Alps! It is also within easy walking distance of the village centre, giving guests the best of both worlds. Just 30m from the ski-room door, you can put your skis on and ski down to the main Festkogl gondola, and you can ski back right to the chalet at the end of the day. Or, if you wanted to start from the village, the regular free ski-bus stops just 50m from the chalet.
The bedrooms are all well appointed, comfortable and attractively styled, most with their own private en suite bath and separate wc, and several with balcony or terrace.
The dining-room on the first floor is traditionally styled with light wooden fixtures, and there is a traditional Tyrolean tiled stove to add ambience and warmth to your chalet dining experience. A small separate lounge is on the second floor, offering a quiet spot to read or chat over the day’s skiing. To add further to the chalet’s overall comfort levels the sauna and relaxation area are an added bonus for unwinding after a busy ski day.
Features - Chalet Christophorus, Obergurgl
- Superb piste-side location
- Village centre approx 5 minutes’ walk (500m)
- Main Festkogl Gondola approx. 3-4 minutes’ walk (350m).
- Most bedrooms with private en suite bath and wc, some with balcony or terrace
- Sauna and relaxation area
- Buffet breakfast with hot option and afternoon tea/coffee and cake
- 4-course dinners including aperitif, choice of complimentary quality wines, coffee and chocolates
Accommodation - Chalet Christophorus, Obergurgl
- Entrance, sauna, shower, wc, ski & boot-room, lift to all floors
- Room 1 - Continental twin, sharing adjacent bath and separate wc with Room 2
- Room 2 - Continental twin, sharing adjacent bath and separate wc with Room 1
- (Rooms 1 & 2 can also work as a suite, sharing a small private lounge between the two rooms).
- Two-roomed lounge with balcony.
- Room 21 - Continental twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 22 - Continental twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 24 - Continental twin with bath/wc/terrace
- Room 25 - Continental twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/terrace
- Room 31 - Continental twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 32 - Continental twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Suite 33 - Living room with double sofa bed, bath/wc/balcony, walk through to Continental twin with balcony
- Room 34 - Continental twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 35 - Continental twin/triple (single sofa-bed) with bath/wc/balcony
Fourth Floor (partially under eaves):
- Room 40 - Continental twin with bath/wc
- Room 41 - Twin/triple/quad (Continental twin plus double sofa bed) with bath/wc
Meals - Chalet Christophorus, Obergurgl
For six days of the week the staff prepares all your meals.
Breakfast: We pride ourselves on giving you a great breakfast to start your day, with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit and juices, yoghurts, plentiful English tea and good filter coffee, bread freshly baked in our chalets each morning (plus croissants in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. And to cap it all, we also cook a hot dish of the day for you six days per week, such as sausage and bacon or pancakes with fresh fruit, individually served.
On the chalet hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – our resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a full buffet breakfast (including hot option) is also served on the staff’s day off.
Afternoon Tea: The traditional 'welcome home' after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your chalet or Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff's one day off per week. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children's High Tea: In Chalets and Chalet Hotels with family guests, High Tea provides children under 13 years with a healthy menu, tailored more towards children's tastes and puréed food is available for infants on request. High Tea is at 5.30pm, and children do not join the main adult-only dinner.
Dinner: A tasty and innovative, freshly cooked dinner will be prepared for you six nights per week by your Chalet Host - or by an experienced and professional chef in our larger chalets - and served with a choice of wines. Our four-course adult-only chalet dinners start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and completed by coffee with chocolates to round off your evening. Your choice of complimentary quality wines is unlimited during the meal service, and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
A special feature of our Chalet Hotels is a more extensive culinary experience for our guests. With the greater kitchen facilities of a hotel, our professional chefs are able to offer choices of menu at dinner, generally including lighter as well as more hearty options, and always a vegetarian choice for each course. Guests will be asked to choose their evening meals at breakfast for that evening from a varied daily selection. Vegetarian options are always on our 'Culinary Choice' menu in our Chalet Hotels, and are available in our chalets if you advise us in advance.