Espace Killy Ski Area
World renowned for its extensive and challenging skiing, the Espace Killy plays host to over 300km of downhill skiing, featuring 150 individual pistes served by 90 ski lifts. This majestic, high altitude French alpine ski domain links the glittering resorts of Tignes and Val d’Isere and all of their fabulous subsidiary resorts. Easily accessible from Lyon, Chambery and Geneva, the Espace Killy is a great destination for both those looking for an easy weekend getaway and equally those with more time on their hands.
The Espace Killy has something to offer every ability of skier and snowboarder and with the many quaint, rustic Savoyarde eating establishments through to fast moving self service restaurants dotted about the pistes, your hard day’s work on the slopes can be broken up with many welcome breaks where you can be re-united with the differing ability members of your party.
Espace Killy Ski Pass | Espace Killy skiing | Espace Killy chalets, hotels, apartments | Espace Killy Snow reports
Ski resorts in the Espace Killy - Val D'Isere and Tignes
Whether you are looking for a tranquil relaxing setting to rest your weary body after a hard day’s skiing or are keen to get on with the heart pumping next instalment of the day’s proceedings in the heart of the resort action, both Tignes and Val d’Isere are fantastic destinations. The resorts themselves are composed of smaller satellite villages with fantastic piste and road links connecting them. Although different in aesthetic appeal, each village centre has something to offer, with a friendly atmosphere apparent throughout. The more modern, lunar landscaped satellite villages of Tignes contrast with the more rustic, typically Savoyarde resorts that make up Val d’Isere, however both hubs offer a fabulous selection of shops, bars and restaurants ensuring that wherever you stay, you have plenty to do off the slopes.
Tignes: Tignes snow report | Tignes web cam | Tignes snow forecast | Tignes chalets
Val D'Isere: Val D'Isere snow report | Val D'Isere web cam | Val d'isere snow report | Val D'Isere chalets
Skiing in Espace Killy
Families and first time skiers are arguably better placed in Tignes. The lower pistes running down to the resort are easier than those leading the way home to Val d’Isere, due to their more gentle gradients. However beginners are also well catered for in Val d’Isere, where after a short lift journey to the top of the mountains the easier runs beckon, and you can also stop to take in the stunning views. You can not fail to be impressed by this magnificent ski destination.
Ski holidays in the Espace Killy
Take a look at our skiing holidays and deals to Tignes and Val D'Isere.
Mixed ability parties have no problems joining forces on either resort side of the ski area, with the multitude of well groomed, inter-connected piste networks available. The properties range from the smallest apartments and chalets through to the largest club hotels, catering for every size of party and varying taste. Organising your group ski holiday in the Espace Killy will bring you a wealth of ideal solutions to suit everyone’s needs.
Top tips from the Iglu Ski Experts
Best Bars in Tignes -
- Loop Bar for awesome live bands and happy hours at après
- Jack’s Club for late nights in Tignes Le Lac
- Melting Pot Nightclub for late nights in Tignes Val Claret
Best Restaurants in Tignes -
- The Alpaka Lodge for cheap eats
- Lo Soli is a traditional alpine style restaurant on the mountain
- L’escale Blanche serves delicious local specialities and has a large sun terrace at the foot of the slopes in Tignes Le Lac.
- Le Grattalu for fondues and raclette in Tignes Val Claret.
- Loop Bar for quality lunch or après bar foods in Tignes Le Lac. Love the nachos and burgers here on the sun terrace.
Best ski runs in Tignes -
- La Sache from Tignes down to Le Bréviere is a challenging long run.
- Rhododendron, Melezes and Myrtilles make up one long blue ski run.
- Col de Ves is a brilliant freeride area.
- Palafour is a long and wide blue piste with fun jibbing spots off the sides.
- Amazing views and fantastic snow conditions on the Grande Motte glacier.
Best Bars in Val d’Isere -
- Folie Douce
- Coco Rico
- Dick’s Tea Bar
- Moris Pub
Best Restaurants in Val d’Isere -
- La Fruitere next to Folie Douce serves amazing burgers and steak, but it is expensive.
- Fondue at La Cassarole.
- Delicious alpine style food at Le Signal.
- Les Tufs is a popular lunch stop next to the bottom of the funicular station at La Daille.
- Les Marmottes is the best self-service restaurant on the mountain.
Best ski runs in Val d’Isere -
- The Lost Valley down to La Daille.
- Brilliant skiing through the trees on run downs to La Daille and La Fornet.
- The OK is a World Cup Downhill route with lots of varied terrain.
- The snowpark is better in Val d’Isere than the one in Tignes.
Espace Killy Piste Map
Ski resorts | Ski areas | Ski deals | Ski chalets | Group ski holidays