Ski & Snowboard Festivals
Combine your favourite winter sports holiday with a party scene of mountainous proportions at one of this season’s best ski festivals. Spend your days perfecting slick skills on the slopes, be wowed watching live competitions and join in with a whole host of other entertaining extras, before partying long into the early hours with some of your favourite acts and DJS. Horizon Festival
Originating almost 15 years ago with the first ever Snowbombing festival, an amazing party on the piste atmosphere quickly caught on and snow fans now have a great selection of spin offs to choose from. Find your ideal snow social in a world favourite resort and become entranced by the musical magic in the mountains.
Dance from dusk till dawn in an impressive selection of pop up festival venues from forest hideaways to high altitude mountain clubs, underground hotspots, abandoned factories, ice discos and even pool parties. Chill out post party with mountain yoga, ice sculpting, winter markets, outdoor film screening or some much needed r’n r in the hottest local spa. Just make sure you save some energy for the slopes as festival hosts include top world renowned resorts such as Mayrhofen
and Alpe d’Huez
to name just a few.
Snow survival tips to know before you go Thirst Aid
– With all the exertion of a winter sports holiday plus being crowned dance floor royalty you’ll need to stay even more hydrated than usual at a snow festival. Keep a good supply of drinking water to hand for maximum power points. Sunny Side Up
– Despite the chill in the air the sun shines strong and sunburn is still a massive risk, stock up on factor 50+ during the day to avoid being laughed off the mountain with a permanent red face. Lip Salvation
– Whether it’s a festival in France where kissing is a form of greeting or you’re lip locking with a festival fancy, make sure you pack enough lip balm to prevent inevitable unwelcome chapping from happening. Going Out Out
– Clothes for all occasions might be needed at a snow festival; even your swimwear can make an outing at the spa or a pool party. But remember warm durable clothes for the slopes plus you’ll probably want to pile on the layers of “going out” clothes when heading to the parties. Fancy dress also not only acceptable but probably even mandatory. Tune Out
– Eye mask and Earplugs for when you are partied out and your roomie has a revolving door of new friends and sun saluting stragglers.
View our Ultimate Ski Festival Checklist
Find a Ski or Snowboard Festival Snowbombing
- The original and celebrated as the mother of all music festivals, snowbombing is a hedonistic mix of top class live acts and DJ's hosted by Austria's cream of the crop. Snowboxx
/ Alpe d'Huez
- For a completely unique snow festival experience, Snowboxx provides endless entertainment amongst some of the sunniest slopes in Europe. Horizon / Bansko
- Up and coming, Horizon Festival is becoming popular for it's massive electronic dance party scene and some of the longest ski runs in Bulgaria. The Brits
- Featuring championship talent, top snow sport competitions plus a leading line up of awesome live music, The-Brits has long been a favourite of snow and music fans alike. Altitude
- Known as the funniest show on snow, the Altitude comedy festival keeps spirits high with top class comedy acts in the stunning alpine setting of Mayrhofen. Rise / Les Deux Alpes
- The coolest student event of the year with stacks of entertainment plus Europe's largest ski-able glacier. Zermatt Unplugged
- Singers, songwriters and music fans celebrate 5 days of music in the mountains. Expect acoustic sets, re-inventions and pure stripped back sounds.