Cheap ski holidays in hundreds of ski resorts worldwide.
Experience the Ultimate White Christmas!
What better way to ensure a white Christmas than in a ski resort? Christmas ski holidays give you traditional setting for enjoying the festivities; chalets and hotels are decorated and Father Christmas may even come for a visit! Skiing at Christmas, also means that you enjoy guilt free overindulgence after a morning on the slopes!
For the perfect Christmas Ski Holiday this season head to the winter fairytale village of Zermatt for a truly festive atmosphere. With fantastic ski slopes and the beautiful picturesque alpine setting, you are guaranteed a Christmas that won’t be forgotten.
Discover the true spirit of Christmas in Mayrhofen this winter. If you’re arriving Christmas week you can catch the last weekend of Advent at the Forest Festival to experience the wonderful customs and enjoy the special anticipation of Christmas Eve.
3. Les Gets
Tucked away in the French Alps the small, charming village of Les Gets gets our vote for the Christmas postcard resort. From 22nd to the 28th Father Christmas actually lives in Les Gets and you can find him and his faithful elves together in the grotto!
This cluster of small authentic style chalets is perfect if you are looking for an intimate Christmas with your family or group. The rustic alpine setting makes an enchanting retreat for festive period.
5. St Anton
If you want to celebrate the festive season to the max then St Anton is your place. If you are looking for a party rather than Father Christmas, this is the resort to go to!
There’s still so much more fun to be had once the lifts have closed… There are numerous activities to explore in resort after a day’s skiing and here at Iglu we have tried and tested plenty of winter attractions and events to recommend only the best for you.
The main event in 2014 to watch out for is Team GB at the Sochi Winter Olympics. With an amazing line up of athletes representing Great Britain next year, Winter 2013/14 is set to an incredibly exciting season.
1. Tobogganing in Val Thorens - Probably the most fun on snow you can have without skis! Toboggan down the longest track in France and revel in the spectacular views, hilarious moments and adrenaline rushes down the 6km run. A fun filled family activity suitable for all ages!
2. Skidooing in Whistler - Enjoy an unforgettable winter activity through pristine Canadian backcounty. See the slopes from a different angle & ride your very own skidoo through fresh powder or head into the remote wilderness with a professional guide.
3. Polo in St. Moritz - The St. Moritz Polo World Cup on Snow is the world’s most prestigious winter polo tournament. Nearly 15,000 spectators from every corner of the world make the pilgrimage to Lake St Moritz every year. Don’t miss the next tournament 30 Jan – 2 Feb 2014!
4. Bobsleigh in Innsbruck- Experience high speeds up to 115km/h in a professional Olympic bobsleigh. This once in a life time activity will leave your adrenaline pumping for days after. Just don’t forget your lucky egg!
5. Ski Joering in Les Arcs- Les Arcs has reinvented this traditional activity of being pulled along on your skis by a horse across all types of terrain. A series of forest trails have been transformed into over 20km of Ski Joering routes in a natural environment of rare beauty.
With the exciting news of the Royal baby being born, we couldn’t help feeling patriotic here at Iglu! With this in mind it gave us an excellent idea for this week’s top 5… Top 5 Royal Resorts.
A ski holiday is the perfect time to feel like royalty! Here are our top 5 resorts that are fit for a king:
1. Klosters - Klosters has acquired international status from the presence of Royals. This picturesque luxury Swiss resort is said to be Prince Charles’ resort of choice and Kate’s relationship with William was first publicised when she was invited to Klosters with the royals in 2005. The Royal Family have a long history at Klosters and would be the most likely destination to bump into them on a chairlift.
2. Meribel - Situated at the heart of one of the world’s premier ski areas it is no surprise that the Royal Family love it in the Three Valleys. With the fantastic ski schools in resort, this may be where Kate and Will bring George on his first ski holiday!
3. Verbier - This year Verbier was the chosen resort for Prince Harry and Prince Andrew’s ski trip where they stayed in a luxurious chalet. The resort isn’t as romantic as Klosters but has world class skiing and world class private chalets to match that cater for the super-rich.
4. Lech - Lech is a popular holiday destination for both Royals and celebrities. The resort is renowned for its 5* hotels, exclusive bars and fancy restaurants and is often seen as the Courchevel of Austria. Being linked to neighbouring resorts Zürs , St Chrisoph, St Anton and Stuben it is becoming one of the world’s greatest ski destinations.
5. Zermatt - Zermatt is one of Switzerland’s top ski areas and is often counted in the world’s top 5. With views of the Matterhorn and skiing up to 3500m it is no wonder that this resort in a firm favourite with the Royals.
You do not currently have any holidays in your shortlist.
You currently have in your shortlist.
AAA Large Online Travel Agent of the Year 2013