Haus Gamskar - St Anton, Austria
If you are going to travel hundreds of miles from the UK to ski, you might as well travel an extra few hundred yards and stay close to the slopes. There are not many places in St Anton from where you can ski from the door and a gentle slide takes you to the main Nasserein lift, nursery slopes, ski school and kids kindergarten.
Haus Gamskar has been painstakingly tailored to satisfy the modern-day skier. No cheesy Alpine kitsch here, just warmth, comfort, space and a cracking location. Big bedrooms, smart bathrooms (including heated walls behind the towel rails … clever eh), a jumbo living area and stacks of hot water.
The bars and restaurants of Nasserein are a quick toboggan ride or few hundred yard walk away and the infamous Tom Dooley’s Bar is next door but one. For the more adventurous, the seductive buzz of central St Anton nightlife is a ten minute stroll away. A great choice for those who like the click click of bindings a few steps from the door. A short glide on skis from the lifts, kindergarten, ski school and nursery slopes, a 250m walk from the ski shop, bars and restaurants in Nasserein and a 10 minute stroll into the heart of St Anton.
Features - Haus Gamskar, St Anton
- Ski from the door
- Flat screen TV in every bedroom
- Music system with iPod connectivity
- DVD player
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Ski room with boot warmers
Welcome champagne & canapés
Wake up drinks
Daily cleaning (6 days)
Resort film & board games library
Use of chalet iPad
Accommodation - Haus Gamskar, St Anton
Room 1: Double/Twin with additional bed, balcony, en suite bath, handbasin and WC. (Sofa bed pay half adult price). Space for cot.
Room 2: Double/Twin with balcony, en suite shower, handbasin and WC. Space for cot.
Room 3: Double/Twin with en suite shower, handbasin and WC. Space for cot.
Room 4: Double/Twin with en suite shower, handbasin and WC. Space for cot.
Meals - Haus Gamskar, St Anton
The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.
- Continental breakfast with a cooked option on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea will be left in the chalet for you to help yourself to freshly made cake or biscuits, bread & jams, selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate
- Canapés on the first and last evening
- 3 course evening meal (6 nights) followed by cheese board and coffee
- A choice of red and white wine is served throughout dinner