Chalet Canvolan, Tignes
Chalet Canvolan is conveniently situated opposite the Grand Ski, and just 50m away from our Yosemite Nursery.
Chalet Canvolan occupies the upper level of the building, with Chalet Caribou suituated below. They both share the home cinema room and the sauna which is on the same level as the Caribou. The Canvolan has a further small private sauna accessed from its balcony.
Chalet Canvolan offers excellent value family rooms, all of which have their own private en suite facilities, and enjoys excellent views towards Val Claret from the balcony and terrace.
Holidays to this property are particularly suitable for families.
Features - Chalet Canvolan, Tignes
- Convenient location in Le Lac de Tignes
- Chardonnet lift approx. 2 minutes walk (230m)
- Les Marmottons childrens ski area approx. 5 minutes walk (500m)
- Family rooms with en suite facilities
- Sauna and home cinema room shared with Chalet Caribou
- Log fireplace in living/dining room
Accommodation - Chalet Canvolan, Tignes
- Main entrance; shared ski and boot room for both chalets, with heated boot racks; stairs down to Chalet Caribou, home cinema room & shared sauna
- Entrance. Open-plan lounge/dining room with fireplace and large balcony with sauna. Kitchen
- Room 1: Family quadruple room (double & 2 single beds), with bath/shower/wc
- Room 2: Family quadruple room (double & twin bunks), with bath/wc
- Room 3: Family quadruple room (2 twin beds & twin bunks), with bath/wc
Please note: We suggest the top bunks are only suitable for children over 6 years, but however parents have the final decision in this.
Meals - Chalet Canvolan, Tignes
Breakfast: A good breakfast is essential on a ski holiday, so we provide a choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, plentiful tea and coffee, local bread (and croissants or ‘pains au chocolat’ in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. Additionally we offer a daily hot dish, such as scrambled eggs with mushrooms or home-made pancakes.
Afternoon tea: The traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you by your chalet host, ready for your return. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake.
Children’s High Tea : Served at around 5.30pm and supervised by our staff, high tea provides children under 13 with a healthy menu, but tailored more towards children’s tastes than our main adult dinner.We offer an alternative choice for High Tea in all our Chalet Hotels. In the same way that parents are asked to select their evening’s choices at breakfast time, children will be offered alternative choices including home-made healthy options as well as standard children’s favourites.
Puréed food is available for infants on request. Parents are asked to accompany children under 36 months, whilst children 3-12 years will be supervised by staff.
Children under 13 are not allowed to join the adult-only dinner.
Adult Dinner: Four-course evening meals, chalet dinners start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, accompanied by a choice of wines, and followed by coffee with mints or chocolates.
Please note: The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.