Chalet Corniche, Tignes
This new chalet, built especially with families in mind, enjoys an ideal location, close to piste and ski-lifts. The communal areas are contemporarily styled with a large central fireplace dividing the living and dining areas and the wellness area is an absolute haven in which to unwind at the end of a tiring days skiing. The spacious bedrooms are all fitted with the best quality furnishings and are comfortable and well planned. The location of the Chalet Corniche could not be more ideal; it is literally just opposite the Marmottons children’s ski slope and a mere minute from the Rosset chairlift and a further 30 seconds to the main Aeroski gondola.
The Children’s Snug on the first floor has a TV/DVD so please bring the children’s favourite films! The room is also used for our evening Mini Cocoa Club.
Holidays to this property are particularly suitable for families.
Features - Chalet Corniche, Tignes
- Central location, just 50m from main piste, and approx. 2 minutes walk (150m) from Les Marmottons childrens ski area
- Rosset chairlift approx. 1 minutes walk (100m) and Aeroski gondola approx. 1-2 minutes (150m)
- Sauna, steam room & hot-tub with relaxation area
- Stylish bedrooms with en suite facilities and TV/DVD
- Living area with log fire and WiFi access
- Lift to all floors
: in Chalet Iceberg (transport provided)Snow Club:
in Chalet Yosemite (transport provided)Cocoa Club
: in Chalet Yosemite (transport provided)Mini Cocoa Club
Accommodation - Chalet Corniche, Tignes
Lower Ground Floor
- Sauna, steam room, hot tub and relaxation area, changing rooms, showers/wcs
- Small reception area, lift, open plan dining room and lounge with balcony, divided by central open feature fireplace, kitchen, ski store with heated boot rack
- Suite 1- sleeps 4: One double and one twin bedroom, with bath and separate wc
- Rooms 2&3- sleeps 4: One double room and adjacent twin room, each with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 4&5- sleeps 4: One double room and adjacent twin room, each with bath/wc/balcony
- Suite 6- sleeps 4: One double and one twin bedroom, with bath and separate wc
- Rooms 8&9- sleeps 4: One double room and adjacent twin room, each with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 9&10- sleeps 4: One double room and adjacent twin room, each with bath/wc/balcony
Meals - Chalet Corniche, Tignes
For six days of the week the staff prepares all your meals.
Breakfast: A good breakfast is essential on a ski holiday, so we provide a choice of cereals or porridge, fruit juices, plentiful tea and coffee, local bread (and croissants or ‘pains au chocolat’ in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. Additionally we offer a daily hot dish, such as scrambled eggs with mushrooms or home-made pancakes.
Afternoon tea: The traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you by your chalet host, ready for your return. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake.
Children’s High Tea : Served at around 5.30pm and supervised by our staff, high tea provides children under 13 with a healthy menu, but tailored more towards children’s tastes than our main adult dinner.We offer an alternative choice for High Tea in all our Chalet Hotels. In the same way that parents are asked to select their evening’s choices at breakfast time, children will be offered alternative choices including home-made healthy options as well as standard children’s favourites.
Puréed food is available for infants on request. Parents are asked to accompany children under 36 months, whilst children 3-12 years will be supervised by staff.
Children under 13 are not allowed to join the adult-only dinner.
Adult Dinner: Four-course evening meals, chalet dinners start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, accompanied by a choice of wines, and followed by coffee with mints or chocolates.