This chalet is only available to guests booking the whole chalet for sole use.
Chalet Grand Torsai -Val D'Isere, France
Grand Torsaï is the smaller of our two chalets in Le Fornet. It is slightly beyond and above La Couchire (forty-five seconds beyond, to be precise, along the same underground passages, and fifty steps above, though with the ski locker and boot warmers sensibly at the bottom). If you have already read the description of neighbouring chalet La Couchire, you’ll have read all about what a great place Le Fornet is. In a nutshell, the highest and emptiest pistes, the best powder, the Pissaillas Glacier with its exhilarating blue and red runs, and much of the area’s off-piste are all reached via the cable car, two minutes from this chalet. So are two of the best mountain restaurants, the Signal and Edelweiss, as well as the brand new La Cascade restaurant up on the glacier. The hamlet of Le Fornet itself is the prettiest part of Val d’Isère, and has more excellent restaurants.
Should you wish to go into the village centre, to the nursery slopes or the shops, the free bus stops just outside the chalet until after midnight, and you can reach the nursery slopes or nightlife as fast as people staying in the village centre.Grand Torsaï is around eight years old, really pretty and very pleasantly finished.The split-level sitting-dining room is the heart of the chalet, in particular the large square dining table and the vast picture windows. Romantics appreciate the sunniest views in Val d’Isère, stretching from dawn over the Galise, on the border with Italy, to dusk beyond Bellevarde. Non-romantics can log onto the web via WiFi or watch a DVD.
Please note that the use of the sauna/hot tub in Chalet Grand Torsaï is at your own risk (and that of your party members). We cannot accept responsibility for any accidents/injuries which occur during the use of the sauna and/or hot tub. Children must be supervised when using either facility.
Features - Chalet Grand Torsai, Val D'Isere
- Part of spectacular ski chalet, designed especially for us five years ago.
- Sweet bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms throughout.
- Most rooms give option of large twin beds or huge doubles (please specify which you prefer when booking).
- Split-level sitting-dining room with picture windows and a wraparound balcony facing east, south and west. DVD with LCD screen.
- Sauna and indoor hot tub, ski room with boot warmers.
- Fornet cable car 50m from front door, pistes 100m, bus 10m.
- Rapid access to major ski area with glacier, empty pistes, easy pistes, off-piste, moguls and good mountain restaurants.
- Stunning views of miles of mountains and the pretty hamlet of Le Fornet.
- Val d’Isère’s best restaurant next door and most popular restaurant nearby.
- A chef and an assistant, who live downstairs.
- Damage deposit for all bookings.
Accommodation - Chalet Grand Torsai, Val D'Isere
5 bedrooms for 10 guests: 5 bath(s)
Twin/double (L-shaped, outer walls 16'6" x 10') on second floor. Roomy bathroom with wc.
Twin/double (L-shaped, outer walls 16'6" x 10') on first floor. Roomy bathroom with wc.
Twin/double (10' x 7') on second floor, big french windows to large balcony with superb views south up pistes. Small bathroom with wc.
Twin/double (10' x 7') on first floor, big french windows to wide terrace with superb views south up pistes. Small bathroom with wc.
Twin/double (12' x 9') on first floor leading off the sitting room. Bathroom and separate wc.
(23' x 15') Bright, south-facing, split-level room with vast bay windows, balcony and marvellous views. TV and DVD. Open-plan kitchen. WiFi.
Meals - Chalet Grand Torsai, Val D'Isere
Breakfast every day
Afternoon tea and Dinner on six nights of the week.
Unlimited wine with the evening meal, until complimentary coffee is served
Please note: The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.