Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie, Val D'Isere
This popular Chalet Hotel in the very heart of Val dIsère remains a firm favourite with families, many of whom have already booked to return this coming winter! Traditionally appointed with warm wood tones and rich fabrics, this is one of those hotels that makes you feel welcome and comfortable from the moment you enter.
What a pleasure it is to be staying at the Ducs de Savoie, and have only a mere 350m stroll to the choice of Val dIsère’s three main high-speed lifts lifts to whisk you up into the very heart of the skiing.
The Solaise Express chairlift goes straight to the Solaise peak at 2,560m, from where a choice of lifts and runs fans out, including the connections across to the Le Fornet area and the superb snow of the Pissaillas Glacier.
Alternatively, choose either the Bellevarde Express chair or the Olympique gondola to access the Rocher de Bellevarde, with its long cruising runs down to La Daille, and the connections across the Tovière ridge to the wonders of Tignes.
The childrens ski area and adult nursery slopes are also situated in the same base area as the above three lifts, so are equally convenient for our guests.
Holidays to this property are particularly suitable for families.
Features - Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie, Val D'Isere
- Prime location in the resort
- Main ski lifts all within approx. 4 minutes walk (300m)
- Childrens ski area approx. 4 minutes walk (300m)
- Resort centre just 200m
- Comfortable and spacious family suites and bedrooms, all with private en suite bath, seperate WC and many with balcony
- Reception and lounge/bar with log fire
- Attractive dining-room
Accommodation - Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie, Val D'Isere
The lounge/bar is on the ground floor and is ideal spot for swapping stories of your day's adventures with your apéritif and canapés, before moving on to the dining room to enjoy your dinner, selected from our Culinary Choice menu, in the attractive dining-room. Our dedicated Nursery is situated on the fifth floor and offers spacious play areas as well as a quiet sleep room. Snow Club has its own room on the lower ground floor, for all its indoor fun.
We are delighted to offer a range of comfortable family rooms, so that between the choice of twins, triples, family rooms and suites, we can offer sleeping accommodation for all family sizes, whether you are two parents and an infant or a larger family of six. The third bed in the triple rooms is similar to a top bunk but with a wardrobe beneath, and is situated in the entrance hallway of the room.
- Rooms 101, 110 - Sleeps 2-3: Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Rooms 102, 104, 106 - Sleeps 2-4: Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Rooms 103, 105, 107 - Sleeps 2-3: Twin/Triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 100 - Sleeps 2-3: Double/Triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 108 - Sleeps 4-6: Small suite entrance hall with doors to; a) double/triple (bath/wc/balcony), and b) twin (bath/wc/balcony)
- Rooms 201, 203, 207, 210 - Sleeps 2-3: Twin/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 202 - Sleeps 2-4: Doube/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 204 - Sleeps 2-4: Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 205 - Sleeps 2-3: Double/triple (bath,wc/balcony)
- Room 206 - Sleeps 2-4: Twin/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Room 207- Sleeps 2-3: Double/triple (bath/wc)
- Suite 208 - Sleeps 4-6: Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple/quad (bath/wc), and b) twin (bath/wc)
- Room 301 - Sleeps 2-3: Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Rooms 302-Sleeps 2-4: Double/triple (bath/wc/balcony),
- Rooms 303 - Sleeps 2-3: Double/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Rooms 307 - Sleeps 2-4: Twin/triple/quad (bath/wc)
- Rooms 304, 305 - Sleeps 4-5 each: Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony), with double bed on mezzanine level
- Suite 308 - Sleeps 4-5: Small suite entrance hall with door to; a) twin/triple (bath/wc), and b) double (bath/wc)
- Room 310 - Sleeps 2-3: Double/triple (bath/wc)
- Room 401 - Sleeps 2-3: Twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Room 402 - Sleeps 2-4: Double/triple/quad (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 403 - Sleeps 4-6: Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple (bath/wc/balcony), and b) twin/triple (bath/wc/balcony)
- Suite 405 - Sleeps 4-5: Small suite entrance hall with doors to a) double/triple (bath/wc/balcony), and b) twin (bath/wc)
- Room 407 - Sleeps 2-3: Double/triple (bath/wc)
Meals - Chalet Hotel Ducs De Savoie, Val D'Isere
For six days of the week the staff prepare all your meals.
On the hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – the resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a buffet breakfast is also served on the staff’s day off.
Breakfast: we pride ourselves on giving you a great breakfast to start your day, with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit and juices, yoghurts, plentiful English tea and good filter coffee, local bread (plus croissants or ‘pains au chocolat’ in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. And to cap it all, we also cook a hot dish of the day for you six days per week, such as sausage and bacon or pancakes with fresh fruit, individually served.
On the hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – the resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a full buffet breakfast is served every day.
Afternoon Tea: The traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your chalet or Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff’s one day off per week. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children’s High Tea: In chalets and Chalet Hotels with family guests, children under 13 years are provided with high tea at 5.30pm, and do not join the main adult-only dinner.
Dinner in Chalets: A tasty and innovative, freshly cooked dinner will be prepared for you six nights per week by your Chalet Host - or by an experienced and qualified chef in our larger chalets - and served with a choice of wines. The four-course adult-only chalet dinners start with canapés and an aperitif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and followed by coffee with chocolates to round off your evening.
Wine is unlimited during the meal service and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
Vegetarian & Special Diets: Vegetarian options are always available if you advise us in advance, and other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost per person per week. Please confirm your requirements to us in writing at the time of booking