This chalet is only available to guests booking the whole chalet for sole use.
Chalet Jasmine, Val D'Isere
These three chalets Jasmine, (Juniper ID: 25954 & Jacaranda ID: 25956) are spread across the top two floors of the delightfully retro three-star Résidence le Grizny. They are made up of adjacent but separate apartments, six occupying the whole upper floor for Juniper, and two on the first floor in Jasmine, while Jacaranda is a two-bedroom first-floor apartment.
The building is unusually spacious and solid, having been built before Val d’Isère’s narrow valley started running out of space. And its position is really good: the village centre is four minutes’ walk away, the ski buses stop nearby, and it is possible to ski home.
Features - Chalet Jasmine, Val D'Isere
- Two adjacent apartments with three excellent bedrooms and a single living room
- On the middle floor of the Grizny building, a small, private résidence
- Two bathrooms, two separate wcs
- Wide sunny balconies
- On main road, five minutes past church, but astonishingly quiet
- Skiable-back-to and five minutes from lifts
- Buses to major lifts nearby (new Laisinant Express and all central lifts just two stops)
- One chalet girl (lives on the ground floor)
All of our chalets have excellent hot water, more than adequate heating, CD players, radios, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, chess, backgammon, Scrabble and cards. Each chalet has a mobile phone for emergency and incoming calls. Guests wishing to use it for outgoing calls can buy credit from the shops. No chalet has a land line. Guests wishing to use the internet need mobile connection or to visit one of the several internet cafes.
Accommodation - Chalet Jasmine, Val D'Isere
3 bedrooms for 6 guests, with 2 baths
- Bedroom 6: Twin (13’ x 12’6”). Large room with private bathroom (not en-suite), separate wc and balcony.
- Bedroom 5a: Twin (13’ x 12’6”). Large room with balcony, sharing a bathroom and separate wc with Bedroom 5b.
- Bedroom 5b: Twin (16’16” x 12’6”). Large room with balcony, sharing a bathroom and separate wc with Bedroom 5a.
- Sitting-Dining Room: (16’6” x 12’) next to Bedroom 6. Bright, comfy room with french windows onto the balcony, pretty blue curtains and cushions (not the check ones in the main photo, which clashed with the sofas), and a separate kitchen. WiFi
Meals - Chalet Jasmine, Val D'Isere
We start with a proper breakfast. Fruit juice, porridge, Dorset cereals, bacon, eggs, baguettes straight from the famous local bakery, a croissant or pain au chocolat if you like, yogurts, British tea and fresh coffee from Italian espresso pots (with Nescafé and bizarre infusions for those who prefer them). A Cooked Breakfast option is also available.
You return from the slopes to find bread and jam, a freshly-baked cake, hot chocolate etc. left out for you.
Nightly canapés are followed by a three-course, fixed-menu, dinner-party-style meal. The cuisine is largely French, though with a fusion of other influences – what Londoners call Modern British. (Foreign, in other words.) With dinner, we serve free unlimited quantities of a selection of very drinkable French AOC wines and vins de pays.
Please note: The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.