This chalet is only available to guests booking the whole chalet for sole use.
Chalet Juniper, Val D'Isere
Juniper, Jasmine and Jacaranda are fun, functional and fantastically good value.
These three chalets are spread across the top two floors of the delightfully retro three-star Résidence le Grizny. They are made up of adjacent but separate apartments, six occupying the whole upper floor for Juniper, and two on the first floor in Jasmine, while Jacaranda is a two-bedroom first-floor apartment.
The building is unusually spacious and solid, having been built before Val d’Isère’s narrow valley started running out of space. And its position is really good: the village centre is four minutes’ walk away, the ski buses stop nearby, and it is possible to ski home.
Juniper has nine bedrooms, ranging from cosy to very large, six bathrooms and separate, sizeable sitting and dining rooms. Juniper’s atmosphere is always fun. It tends to appeal to relaxed people, perhaps because from the outside the building looks a bit like a municipal library, or because with just six bathrooms for up to eighteen people they know there’s a certain amount of mucking in. Or maybe anyone uptight is put off by those technicolor baths and basins! But however convivial the dining and sitting rooms become, most guests can escape into the quiet of their own separate apartment (please see the Rooms in order of preference on the main Juniper page of this website).
Features - Chalet Juniper, Val D'Isere
- Ideal for large groups, small groups, couples and singles
- Whole upper floor of the Grizny building, a small, private résidence
- Amazing meals around the huge table in the single dining room
- Large, relaxed sitting room with acres of atmosphere
- Large bedrooms, with excellent ratio of bathrooms and separate loos altogether
- Wide sunny balconies
- Wi-Fi access
- Two bedrooms have private facilities, four share bathrooms and separate wcs with one other room, and three share one bathroom and wc (discount pp/pw in Rooms 14a and 14b)
- Single room with double bed for hopeful Casanovas (optional bed partner pays half price)
- On main road, five minutes past church, but astonishingly quiet
- Skiable-back-to and five minutes from lifts
- Buses to major lifts nearby (new Laisinant Express and all central lifts just two stops)
- A chef and two assistants
Accommodation - Chalet Juniper, Val D'Isere
9 bedrooms for 17/18 guests, 5 baths, 1 shower
- Bedroom 10: Twin (13’ x 12’6”) next to the dining room with private bathroom (not en-suite), separate wc and balcony.
- Bedroom 11a: Twin (13’ x 12’6”) with balcony, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedroom 11b.
- Bedroom 11b: Twin (17’ x 12’6”) with balcony, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedroom 11a.
- Bedroom 12a: Twin (17’ x 12’6”) with balcony, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedroom 12b.
- Bedroom 12b: Twin (13’ x 12’6”) with balcony, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedroom 12a.
- Bedroom 14a: Twin (13’6” x 12’6”) with balcony, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedrooms 14b and c.
- Bedroom 14b: Twin (13’6” x 13’) with balcony, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedrooms 14a and c.
- Bedroom 14c: Single room (10’ x 9’) with double bed (optional bedmate pays half price) with chest of drawers in the room and a wardrobe just outside, sharing bathroom and separate wc with Bedrooms 14a and b.
- Bedroom 15: Twin (8’2” x 12’). Long, narrow room with large en-suite shower-room and wc.
- Bathroom: In addition to the bathrooms described above, there is a spare bathroom with wc next to the sitting room.
- Dining Room: (16’ x 12’) next to Bedroom 10. Excellent room with a huge dining table, french windows to the balcony, and a separate kitchen.
- Sitting Room:(17’ x 15’) Friendly room with five comfy sofas. WiFi.
- Extra Bed: Second person in Bedroom 14c pays half-price.
Meals - Chalet Juniper, Val D'Isere
We start with a proper breakfast. Fruit juice, porridge, Dorset cereals, bacon, eggs, baguettes straight from the famous local bakery, a croissant or pain au chocolat if you like, yogurts, British tea and fresh coffee from Italian espresso pots (with Nescafé and bizarre infusions for those who prefer them). A Cooked Breakfast option is also available.
You return from the slopes to find bread and jam, a freshly-baked cake, hot chocolate etc. left out for you.
Nightly canapés are followed by a three-course, fixed-menu, dinner-party-style meal. The cuisine is largely French, though with a fusion of other influences – what Londoners call Modern British. (Foreign, in other words.) With dinner, we serve free unlimited quantities of a selection of very drinkable French AOC wines and vins de pays.
Please note: The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.