This chalet is only available to guests booking the whole chalet for sole use.
Chalet La Grande Sassiere, Val D'Isere
Grande Sassière has the most amazing sitting-dining room in Val d’Isère. The room itself is large and lovely with acres of parquet and panelling, and massive roof beams, and the views from it are simply extraordinary. The south wall is solid glass, and the only view as spectacular as the moon on the mountains at dinner is the sun on Solaise at breakfast.
There are six excellent bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Four have the same view south, one looks west, and one has to make do with small windows looking up a mere square mile or so of mountain.
Obviously, the views wouldn’t be such a feature if the chalet were down on the main street. Grande Sassière is four minutes’ walk up a private road from the valley floor, another minute from the bus stop, twelve in all from the centre. This is where Larry, our discreet bright yellow Land Rover shuttle, comes in. Between 08.30 and 10.30am, and 3.30 and 8.00pm, it will run guests from Grande Sassière and Petite Sassière (the chalet next door), to or from any point they wish in Val d’Isère. Making these our only chalets literally ten paces from the lifts!
Features - Chalet La Grande Sassiere, Val D'Isere
- Huge, sunny sitting-dining room with log fire, vast balcony, TV, DVD and the best views in Val d’Isère.
- En-suite facilities throughout, most rooms with spectacular views.
- Silent position, four minutes’ walk from bus, ten from centre, but not two seconds from morning and afternoon Land Rover shuttle.
- Boot warmer.
- A chef and an assistant, who live next door.
For all parties booking, we levy a damage deposit of £1,000. This is payable by credit card prior to departure, and refunded after the end of the holiday upon satisfactory inspection of the chalet.
Accommodation - Chalet La Grande Sassiere, Val D'Isere
6 bedrooms for 12 guests, with 4 baths, 2 showers
- Bedroom 1: Double (9’ x 11’) on ground floor. Huge bathroom with wc. View south.
- Bedroom 2: Twin (13’2” x 9’6”) on first floor, with french window to south-facing balcony, views across the village. Bathroom with wc.
- Bedroom 3: Twin (13’2” x 9’6”) on first floor, with same excellent view south. Bathroom with wc.
- Bedroom 4: Double (9’10” x 9’2”) on top floor, under eaves, with partly open-plan bath and basin, and separate wc, and balcony.
- Bedroom 5: Twin (10’8” x 10’8”) on first floor, shower-room with wc. Large windows with view west.
- Bedroom 6: Twin (10’8” x 10’8”) on first floor, shower-room with wc. Small windows, view east up mountain.
- Sitting-Dining Room:(30’ x 18’) Under rafters, with log fire, balcony, TV, DVD, WiFi, and open-plan kitchen (not included in measurements).
Meals - Chalet La Grande Sassiere, Val D'Isere
We start with a proper breakfast. Fruit juice, porridge, Dorset cereals, bacon, eggs, baguettes straight from the famous local bakery, a croissant or pain au chocolat if you like, yogurts, British tea and fresh coffee from Italian espresso pots (with Nescafé and bizarre infusions for those who prefer them). A Cooked Breakfast option is also available.
You return from the slopes to find bread and jam, a freshly-baked cake, hot chocolate etc. left out for you.
Nightly canapés are followed by a three-course, fixed-menu, dinner-party-style meal. The cuisine is largely French, though with a fusion of other influences – what Londoners call Modern British. (Foreign, in other words.) With dinner, we serve free unlimited quantities of a selection of very drinkable French AOC wines and vins de pays.
Please note: The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.