Le Chamois d'Or, Val D'Isere
This traditionally styled Savoyarde Chalet is quite a landmark situated at the foot of the infamous Face run on Bellevarde (home of the 2009 World Cup Men's downhill), you can ski from the door to the main lifts, nursery slopes and ski school meeting points so absolutely ideal for families as well as keen skiers. The brave (& foolhardy!), can "face the Face" to ski back whilst the rest of us mere mortals would probably find an alternative route!. The amenities and facilities of the resort centre are just a five minute stroll away. The brand new purpose built Sport & Aquatic Centre is virtually a neighbour, offering pools, leisure and spa facilities so don't forget to pack the swimwear and take advantage of a free session (with an Espace Killy lift pass).
The Chamois D'Or is getting on in years and unfortunately the owner still won't commit to refurbishment or redevelopment, never the less it has proved incredibly popular over the last four seasons, due in no small part to the great efforts of our resort team to ensure guests have a fantastic time. Whilst definitely not smart or luxurious, the Chamois D'Or has an abundunce of character and a superb atmosphere with a relaxed and Savoyarde ambiance. The airy dining room has a wall of picture windows offering superb views towards Solaise and the Manchet Valley, there is a small in house bar next to a huge open fireplace (for character only unfortunately since the local Pompiers don't like us using this!) and comfortable settees perfect for a pre dinner aperitif or nightcap or two!! Next door to the bar is a smaller lounge, ideal for children and adults alike to play cards or board games or watch their dvd's on the large tv.
The bedrooms are all individual in character and some of the nicest rooms are those with the most quirky features. All are ensuite, mostly twins but with the advantage of family suites and triple rooms providing a range of bedrooms to suit all needs.
If you are looking for a great value holiday to Val d'Isere, in an unbeatable convenient location, with plentiful good food and a great team of welcoming staff and as long as you are not expecting 4 or 5 star, chic and stylish accommodation then David and the crew look forward to welcoming you to the Chamois D'Or.
Features - Le Chamois d'Or, Val D'Isere
- All ensuite with either bath or shower.
- Large terrace around chalet.
- Open fire place in bar and sitting room.
- Small in house bar in sitting room.
- Distance to slopes - Can ski from the door.
- Distance to resort centre - 5 minute walk.
- Ski rental pick up & collection - No last minute panic to get skis back to the hire shop on the last day.
Accommodation - Le Chamois d'Or, Val D'Isere
Lower Ground Floor:
- Room 24 - Triple with 3 single beds bath/wb/wc (better use of room when two beds pushed together as double, very little space between beds when used as 3 singles) .
- Room 25 - Twin bath/wb & sep wc
- Ski & boot room
- Dining Room
- 2 Sitting rooms
- Room 26 - 2 Room Family Suite with twin room & bunk bed room separate bath/wb & sep wc. (reduction of £30pp based on 4 sharing)
- Room 3 - Double with ensuite bath/wb/wc
- Room 4 - Triple with 3 single beds ensuite bath/basin/wc (better use of room when two beds pushed together as double, limited space between beds when used as 3 single beds)
- Rooms 5 to 8 - Twin with ensuite bath/basin/wc (room 8 smaller than others)
- Rooms 9 & 10 - Twin with ensuite shower/basin/wc
- Room 11 - Twin with ensuite shower/basin & separate wc
- Room 12 - Family suite with interconnecting twin rooms and ensuite bath/basin/wc (access to second twin room is through the first room)
- Rooms 13 to 15 - Twins with ensuite bath/basin/wc (room 15 smaller than others)
- Room 16 - Twin with ensuite shower/basin/wc
- Room 17 - Twin with ensuite shower/basin/wc
- Room 18 - Single with ensuite shower/basin/wc (supplement on
- Room 19 - Family Suite with bunk beds on lower level and bathroom with bath/basin/wc, spiral staircase leading to twin room on private mezzanine. (Can be used by 3 or 4 guests, reduction of £50pp based on 4 sharing)
- Room 20 - Double with ensuite shower/basin/wc (half swing door to shower room so limited privacy)
- Room 21 - Family Suite for 3 guests with single bed on lower level and bathroom with bath, basin, wc, spiral staircase leading to a twin room on private mezzanine.
- Room 22 - Twin with ensuite shower/basin/wc (half swing door to shower room so limited privacy)
Chalet staff live in.
Wifi internet access available in public areas but not bedrooms.
Meals - Le Chamois d'Or, Val D'Isere
Our Chalet staff have a well earned day off during your stay. On this day, breakfast and afternoon tea will be laid out for you to help yourself and you are free to sample one of the local restaurants in the evening - our staff will be pleased to help with recommendations and bookings.
Please remember that canapes and aperitif are not served in this chalet.
Breakfast : Start your day with a hearty breakfast to fuel your day on the slopes, choose from a selection of cereals (not forgetting a bowl of porridge!), fresh fruit and yoghurts, freshly baked local bread and choice of preserves accompanied by fruit juices, tea and coffee. In addition, apart from chalet staff day off and change over day, enjoy a cooked "dish of the day" such as eggs and bacon (not a full English!).
Afternoon tea : On your return from the slopes, pop the kettle on and help yourself to a teatime treat with a slice (or two!) of delicious home-made cake or biscuits.
Dinner: Just imagine a casual dinner party with friends, now imagine that minus the stress of shopping, cooking, clearing up, ordering taxis, organising babysitters...... well now you can! Relax, your evening starts around 7.30pm swapping some ski tales and banter over canapes and aperitif followed by a delicious freshly cooked dinner with unlimited house wine until coffee to finish.
Our Chalet staff always aim to please and if given notice will as much as possible adapt their menus to your specific tastes and dietary requests however we cannot provide vegan, kosher, gluten and dairy free meals and cannot guarantee a nut free environment. We provide a vegetarian alternative for guests that don't eat meat or that evening choice of meat or fish. Please ensure that we know about any dietary requests well in advance of your holiday and that you are happy to compromise with our chalet menu and accept that we cannot offer a completely alternative menu for you.
Children's Supper : We provide a child friendly supper at around 6pm for all children under 12years, if you have sole use of a chalet and you would prefer your children to eat a normal dinner with you at 8pm there is a upgrade ( at a supplement). For those in a shared chalet it is generally expected that under 12s would have the early supper.