The Lodge - Val d'Isere, France
Anyone who has previously stayed in The Lodge won’t be surprised to learn that it is a hugely popular. Perhaps it is the stunning living area that sets it apart with its striking central fireplace, exposed rustic brick walls, luxurious leather seating and charming, wooden bar. It is the perfect spot to unwind before dinner and socialise with other guests. Maybe it is the facilities which give it an edge. These include a steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi, plus a games room with a giant plasma screen TV and PlayStation 3 (to entertain big and little kids alike), heated boot warmers, complimentary Wi-Fi and a large terrace for sunny afternoons.
The attractive, alpine-styled bedrooms are all en suite and come with flat screen TVs and iPod docks. Many have balconies too. For us, it is all these features, as well as the added Ski Lodge* service, which will make your stay in The Lodge at Val d’Isere a truly memorable one. Families can also enjoy extra beds at half price available for children sharing with adults in the top floor suites and we can even arrange a private nanny service for whilst you are out skiing.
Situated just off Val d’Isère’s main street at the top end of town, The Lodge is close enough to the action to make the most of this world class resort, yet enjoys just enough distance to find a little peace and quiet at the end of a day. The main lift station and ski school meeting points are an easy 500 metres (approx.) walk through the picturesque old part of town, or even easier is to hop on the free and efficient ski bus which stops just 200 metres away. Alternatively, just 10 minutes on the bus further out of town will bring you to the long cruising pistes and glacier of Le Fornet.
Features- The Lodge, Val d'Isere
- Free Wi-Fi
- Heated boot racks & ski storage
- Pre-dinner aperitifs & canapés
- Ski magazines & ski DVDs in the lounge/bar
- Lounge area with a large open fire
- Sauna, Jacuzzi & steam room
- Underground parking
- Flat screen TVs & iPod docks in all bedrooms
Accommodation- The Lodge, Val d'Isere
Lower ground floor:
• Wellness area with sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room
• Heated ski and boot room with direct external access
Rooms 1 & 2 = 2 doubles with shower and WC
Rooms 5 & 6 = 2 twins with shower and WC
Room 3 = twin with extra single bed, shower and WC
Rooms 4 & 7 = 2 large twins with extra single bed, shower & WC (suitable for persons of limited mobility)
Rooms 101,-103,106 & 107 = 5 twins with shower, WC and private balcony
Room 104 = twin with extra single bed, shower, WC and private balcony
Rooms 105 & 108 = 2 large twins with extra single bed, shower, WC and private balcony
Rooms 201 -203, 206 & 207 = 5 twins with shower, WC and private balcony
Room 204 = twin with extra single bed, shower, WC and private balcony
Rooms 205 & 208 = 2 large twins with extra single bed, shower, WC and private balcony
Rooms 301-303, 306 & 307 = 5 twins with shower, WC and private balcony
Room 304 = twin with extra single bed, shower, WC and private balcony
Rooms 305 & 308 = 2 large twins with extra single bed, bath, WC and private balcony
NB: Please note that rooms 301 – 304 have an additional mezzanine level
Room 401 & 402 = 2 suites each with double bed, 3 single beds, bath and WC (partly under eaves)
Chalet staff from this and other properties live in.
Meal- The Lodge, Val d'Isere
- Breakfast is a hearty affair with a cooked option plus pastries, ham, cheese and fruit.
- No rush! Breakfast is available until 10 am
- Delicious homemade afternoon tea and cake
- Pre-dinner aperitifs and canapés
- Delicious freshly prepared 4 course evening meals with a choice of dishes, including a lighter option, on 6 out of 7 days
- Chocolates to accompany your coffee, if you can fit one in
- Final night celebration meal with speciality courses followed by a digestif
- Choose your own time to dine and a table size to suit you
- No wine is included with dinner but is available at a reduced price.
Breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner is 6 days per week, due to chalet staff's day off.