Hotel Altapura, Val Thorens, France
The Altapura lives up to its name as the ‘highest ski palace’, redefining luxury and style in Val Thorens. The interior design is a modern take on the mountain theme, creating an atmosphere of glamour yet cosiness that you’ll find hard to leave. With contemporary bedrooms, superb facilities and breathtaking mountain views, the hotel provides an effortlessly smooth service, as well as some of the finest cuisine on the mountain. Perfect for couples or families seeking the ultimate escape with fantastic doorstep skiing, the Altapura cannot be more highly recommended.
Features - Hotel Altapura, Val Thorens
- Opposite the Plein Sud chairlift at the bottom of the resort
- 3 minutes' walk from the centre of the village
- Free hotel shuttle bus to the resort centre stops outside the hotel
- Lounge/bar area
- Wi-Fi (Free)
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- 1000m² spa offering massages and beauty treatments (pay locally)
- Sauna, hammam, jacuzzi & fitness room
- Large terrace
- 3 restaurants
- Babysitting (pay locally)
- Garage (€20 per day)
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness room
Accommodation - Hotel Altapura, Val Thorens
- 88 bedrooms.
- The modern and sumptuous twin bedrooms sleep up to 3 and feature luxurious bathrooms with bath, separate shower, lounge area, Mac computer linked to the TV, providing UK channels and a large choice of movies, ipod socket, safe, hairdryer and minibar (pay locally).
- The larger deluxe rooms offer more space and comfort.
- Large junior suites sleep up to 5 with twin beds, bunk beds in an alcove and a sofa bed and are ideal for families (on request).
- Also available on request are duplex rooms for up to 4 people, with a double bed and bathoom on the upper level and twin beds with shower on the lower level.
- All rooms are southfacing with mountain views.
Meals - Hotel Altapura, Val Thorens
- Buffet breakfast
- Delicious evening buffet in Restaurant 2003, with chefs cooking the food in front of guests.
- Choice of dining in the fabulous La Laiterie or the Enfants Terribles at a supplement.