Chalet Kamanga , Zermatt
Situated in the 'Beverly Hills' of Zermatt, Winkelmatten, this chalet has recently been upgraded to maximise the use of its interior layout. Both the lounge and the dining room have been created out of separate apartments, both with fabulous views of the Matterhorn, and decorated and finished with rich warm furnishings.
The location is wonderful, with incredible views and easy access to and from Zermatt's fantastic skiing. The chalet is just 6 minutes' downhill walk to the Klein Matterhorn high-speed gondola and 12 minutes from the start of the bars and shops. For the Sunegga or Gornergrat lifts, the free ski-bus takes just ten minutes, and stops conveniently 100m away.
Under normal conditions, you can ski back to within 2 minutes' walk of the chalet from either the Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn areas.
Features - Chalet Kamanga , Zermatt
- The best views in Zermatt!
- Recently refurbished, well-appointed chalet
- Separate lounge and dining-room, both with Matterhorn views
- Ski back to within 200m
- Free ski-bus stop just 1 minute’s walk (100m)
Accommodation - Chalet Kamanga , Zermatt
- Ski and boot room
- Living room with terrace and sensational Matterhorn views, with kitchenette for afternoon tea
- Room 1 - twin with private adjacent bath/wc
- Main entrance, ski and boot store
- Room 2 - Twin with shower/wc and terrace
- Room 3 - Twin/child triple with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 4 - Twin sharing adjacent bath/wc with Room 5
- Room 5 - Twin/child triple with balcony sharing adjacent bath/wc with room 4
- Room 6 - Twin sharing adjacent bath/wc with Room 7
- Room 7 - Twin/child triple with terrace sharing adjacent bath/wc with room 6
- Dining-room with balcony with superb Matterhorn views, separate kitchen
- Room 8 - Continental twin with shower/wc and balcony
- Room 9 - Twin sharing adjacent bath/wc with room 10
- Room 10 - Twin/child triple with balcony sharing adjacent bath/wc with room 9
Meals - Chalet Kamanga , Zermatt
For six days of the week the staff prepare all your meals.
On the hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – the resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a buffet breakfast is also served on the staff’s day off.
Breakfast: we pride ourselves on giving you a great breakfast to start your day, with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit and juices, yoghurts, plentiful English tea and good filter coffee, local bread (plus croissants or ‘pains au chocolat’ in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves, and boiled eggs. This is normally presented buffet-style for you to help yourself. And to cap it all, we also cook a hot dish of the day for you six days per week, such as sausage and bacon or pancakes with fresh fruit, individually served.
On the hosts’ day off, they will prepare a Continental style breakfast for you, which will be left for you to help yourselves, and that evening you have the chance to eat out in one of the local cafés or restaurants – the resort team will be happy to provide some suggestions. In our Chalet Hotels, a full buffet breakfast is served every day.
Afternoon Tea: The traditional ‘welcome home’ after a day on the slopes will be laid out for you in your chalet or Chalet Hotel, ready for your return, every day except on the staff’s one day off per week. A good cup of tea or coffee is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious slice of freshly home-baked cake and keeps hungry skiers happy until dinner is ready.
Children’s High Tea: In chalets and Chalet Hotels with family guests, children under 13 years are provided with high tea at 5.30pm, and do not join the main adult-only dinner.
Dinner in Chalets: A tasty and innovative, freshly cooked dinner will be prepared for you six nights per week by your Chalet Host - or by an experienced and qualified chef in our larger chalets - and served with a choice of wines. The four-course adult-only chalet dinners start with canapés and an aperitif, followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, and followed by coffee with chocolates to round off your evening.
Wine is unlimited during the meal service and freshly chilled water is also of course always available.
Vegetarian & Special Diets:
Vegetarian options are always available if you advise us in advance, and other special diets can generally be catered for at a cost per person per week. Please confirm your requirements to us in writing at the time of booking.