Haus Gmatchi - Zermatt, Switzerland
Gmatchi is a spectacular barn conversion in a stunning position at the very heart of Zermatt’s cobbled old town. The original house dates from 1753 and over the centuries the building has seen use as a cow barn, a hayloft and an artist’s studio. At the top of the house is a bright, modern living room with south-facing balcony and Matterhorn views. The decor combines original wood beams with contemporary furnishing and stylish modern colours, assuring Gmatchi of a bright future to match its illustrious past. A completely unique home. Gmatchi enjoys a position in the very heart of the town centre. The Sunnegga funicular is just a 5 minute walk from the chalet, and the Gornergrat train a 10 minute walk. The gondola lifts can be accessed via the free shuttle bus, just a 10 minute journey. Alternatively, you can hop onto one of the electric taxi's for a small charge, these unique cars operate 24/7.
Features - Haus Gmatchi, Zermatt
- Log burning stove
- Television with Sky News
- Music system with iPod connectivity
- DVD player
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Ski room with boot warmers
Welcome champagne & canapes
Wake up drinks
Daily cleaning (6 days)
Use of chalet iPad
Resort film & board games library
Accommodation - Haus Gmatchi, Zermatt
Room 1: Twin bedroom with balcony, en suite bath, handbasin and WC.
Room 2: Twin bedroom with en suite bath, handbasin and WC. Limited space for a cot.
Room 3: Twin bedroom with en suite shower, handbasin and WC.
Meals - Haus Gmatchi, Zermatt
The chalet host will have a day off during the course of the week, during which you will be required to eat out.
- Continental breakfast with a cooked option on 6 mornings
- Afternoon tea will be left in the chalet for you to help yourself to freshly made cake or biscuits, bread & jams, selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate
- Canapés on the first and last evening
- 3 course evening meal (6 nights) followed by cheese board and coffee
- A choice of red and white wine is served throughout dinner