Grand Hotel Schonegg - Zermatt, Switzerland
The Schönegg is a popular and beautifully furnished superior chalet-style hotel, with ornate décor throughout. The hotel enjoys super panoramic views across Zermatt towards the Matterhorn and is well known locally for its high standard of cuisine.
Features - Grand Hotel Schonegg, Zermatt
- Guests benefit from its prime location just above Zermatt, reached with ease in 30 seconds via a lift from village level.
- Just 3 minutes' walk (300m) to the Sunnegga lift
- 5 minutes (500m) to the village centre
- Ski back to the hotel, conditions permitting'
- Wellness area' with whirlpool, Turkish bath, sauna, and 'experience showers' (free), massage (pay locally)
- Cosy lounge with open fireplace an bar, popular for après-ski
- Beautifully decorated dining room with Matterhorn view
- Award-winning à la carte restaurant (15 Gault Millau points), pianist most evenings
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
- Wi-Fi throughout (free)
- Turkish Bath
- Ski room
Accommodation - Grand Hotel Schonegg, Zermatt
- Bedrooms: 48
- All our rooms have bath, balcony or terrace, cable TV, telephone, radio, hairdryer, safe and minibar.
- Superior rooms are south-facing with Matterhorn view.
- Rooms are allocated are in a traditional style.
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Minibar or fridge
- Room safe
Meals - Grand Hotel Schonegg, Zermatt
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening meal with choice
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included