Friday 23rd January
11:30 am – Super G
Saturday 24th January
11:45 am – Downhill
Sunday 25th January
10:15 am – Slalom
Snow conditions are looking great this year after the fresh snowfall last week, here is the latest snow report from Kitzbühel as preparations begin for the big weekend:
5 Interesting Facts About Hahnenkamm
1. The first race in 1931 was won by a Brit! Gordon Cleaver achieved 6th place in the downhill and 2nd place in the slalom becoming the first combination winner.
2. The race’s steepest section is on the Mausefalle ‘Mousetrap’ peaking at 85% gradient.
3. The winning time of the Hahnenkamm downhill was in 1997 by Franz Strobl in an amazing 1:51.58.
4. During race weekend over 25, 000 people book into hotels and B&B’s around Kitzbühel
5. In the initial years after World War ll, details and events of the Hahnenkamm race are clouded in mystery – names of the top 5 finishers still remain unknown.
See where the Hahnenkamm was placed in our Top 5 ski and snowboard events to look out for in 2015
Why ski in Kitzbühel?