Les 3 Vallées make up the largest ski area in the world with 600km of piste across the 8 resorts. These include: Courchevel, La Tania, Meribel, Brides les Bains, Les Menuires, Saint Martin de Belleville, Val Thorens and Orelle.
Here's what's new this season:
New ski lifts
- St Martin 2 quad chairlift in Les Menuires is getting replaced by a 6-seater bubble chairlift. This means it’ll be much quicker for skiers and snowboarders to get from Saint Martin to Les Menuires and Meribel.
- Le Bettex 2 man chairlift in Les Menuires is getting upgraded to a faster and longer 4 seater chairlift
Meribel has now introduced free wifi spots on the slopes. They will be located at 6 places across the mountain, including the top of Saulire Express, the start of the gondola at Mont Vallon, the top of Moon Park, the top of Taugnete chairlift, the bottom of Altiport chairlift and Chaudanne area.
The Funslope in Val Thorens - Val Thorens has created a one of a kind 900m long course that includes more than 50 fun obstacles to tackle along the way including tunnels, bridges, humps, bumps and more. The Funslope will be located next to the 2 Lacs chairlift in the centre of Val Thorens.
Easy Park in Val Thorens - A new ‘easy to ride’ freestyle area has been introduced aimed at beginners and people wanting to try out freestlye for the first time.
Chasse - The new piste ‘Chasse’ located on the Plein Sud sector in Val Thorens will allow skiers to continue on from Pluviomètre all the way to Cumin, improving ski traffic in this region.
Val Thorens is keen to make every guest’s holiday a fantastic one, and this winter the resort launches the VTPass. Pass holders will enjoy discounts and premium services during their stay, such as paying for one go on the toboggan run and getting the second for free, or getting a prime parking place.
Ski area developments in Meribel Mottaret
Meribel Mottaret are investing a huge 60 million euros in a new project in the Mont de la Challe sector that includes updating lifts, placing a new beginner ski area and adding a night time luge track.
The new beginner ski area will make the resort much more attractive to new skiers and snowboarders with the introduction of more green pistes.
A new floodlit night time luge track will be a great addition to activities skiers and snowboarders can enjoy once the lifts are closed.
Existing lifts are also getting upgraded, including:
- Chalets Gondola will be modernised - Roc de Tougne draglifts will be replaced with a new fast chairlift
- Arolles and Table chairlift will be replaced with a new ‘Combes’ chairlift, where beginners will be able to get off the chairlift mid way and ski down the new green run.
Here’s a sneak peak at how the resort will look when complete:
La Maison & La Pause in Val Thorens have earned the prestigious ‘Master Restaurateur’ label that marks the quality and freshness of the ingredients.
The new 5 start hotel ‘Le Pashmina’ boasts 2 new gourmet restaurants Les Explorateurs and Le Base Camp.
Activities in Val Thorens
- Snowshoeing and yoga sessions
- Ski-Cool ski school offer you the chance to learn a language while skiing this winter
- Ice driving
Chalet Zebra, Meribel
Little Zebra, Meribel
Apotheose Days: Spring
Michelin-starred chef challenge: 11th – 13th April
What's new in Tignes
What's new in Val d'Isere
What's new in Austrian Tirol
What's new in Alpe d'Huez