Chalet Tirol, Mayrhofen
We are delighted to introduce Chalet Tirol to our programme for the coming winter as, not only does it enjoy a prime location close to the main ski-lift in the very heart of vibrant Mayrhofen, but it is to be upgraded specially for guests, with the addition of a new separate lounge in which to relax before and after dinner.
This comfortable and homely chalet in traditional Tirolean style occupies the upper two floors of the house, above a shop and the popular ‘Café Tirol'. Run by the owners, completely separately to the chalet, it's the most amazingly convenient place for dinner on your Chalet Hosts’ one night off per week.
Features - Chalet Tirol, Mayrhofen
- Location: Excellent location in the heart of the village, approx. 2 minutes walk (200m) to the main Penken cable-car - newly upgraded for this winter.
- Brand new lounge for Winter 15/16
- The attractively pine-panelled dining-room sets the scene for convivial chalet dining, and the new lounge adds the one remaining touch of comfort that the chalet previously lacked.
- Ski and Boot room
Accommodation - Chalet Tirol, Mayrhofen
- The bedrooms are simply but comfortably furnished and many are large enough to have an extra single sofa-bed, if required.
- All rooms with balcony and most with private en suite facilities.
Lower Ground Floor
Ski and boot room
Entrance and stairs to chalet
Dining room and newly built lounge
Rooms 1, 2, 3 Austrian Twins with shower/wc/balcony*
Room 4 Double with shower/wc balcony†
Room 5 Single with shower/wc/balcony*
Rooms 6, 7*, 9, 10 Austrian Twins with shower/wc/balcony
Room 8 Austrian Twin with shared shower/wc*
Room 11 Single with shared shower/wc*
*Rooms 8 and 11 share shower/wc in corridor. Rooms 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8 have an extra single sofa bed. †Room 4 is available for single use.Sleeps 20-26
Meals - Chalet Tirol, Mayrhofen
**Important changes to catering for Ski Season 2019/2020**
Evening meals will be on 6 nights.
Guests will continue to receive breakfast for 7 mornings, afternoon tea and cake for 6 days and 6 nights of three course evening meal with quality complementary wines during meal service.
Food is a highlight of any ski holiday, and our Chalet Hosts will prepare and serve your meals as described here six days per week*.
Start the day with a hearty hot and skiers’ breakfast to prepare you for the slopes, including a cooked breakfast with your choice of bacon, eggs, sausage and baked beans. Additionally, and normally set out for you buffet-style, there is a choice of porridge or cereals, tea, coffee, fruit juice, bread (including croissants in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves.
Afternoon tea is the traditional ‘welcome home’ for chalet guests at the end of a day’s skiing, with a slice of freshly baked cake, different each day, to accompany your choice of tea or coffee.
Our 3 course dinner menus start with an glass of Prosecco followed by an appetiser, main course and dessert, accompanied by a choice of complimentary wines, squash, fruit juice and water with coffee or tea to follow.
Vegetarian options are always available, and other special diets are available at a supplement if booked in advance.
* On your Hosts day off each week, they will leave a simpler continental breakfast out for you to help yourselves, there is no afternoon tea on these days, and you can dine out locally in the evening. Your Resort Representative will gladly help out with information and make a reservation for you if you wish.
We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 11 years and under to eat at the adult sitting. However, where children aged 11 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment per child per week supplement.