Chalet Woodpecker, Alpe d'Huez, France
Find your home away from home at the brand new Chalet Woodpecker, making its grand debut in Winter 2018/19. Only 5 minutes’ away from the bustling centre of Alpe d’Huez, the chalet, sleeping up to 15 people, has the perfect balance of location, privacy and sociability.
Early birds will be happy to know that the chalet sits right beside a slope, too, so your ski day starts as soon as you step out the door. Beginners need not fear, either, as the Telecentre lift is only 3 minutes away.
Inside, delicate décor, light-wood panelling and pastoral furnishings make Chalet Woodpecker a calming, stylish and modern place to stay. Set across three floors, there are seven twin rooms – all with private bathrooms – and a large communal area with a long dining table and spacious corner sofa, ideal for spending evenings catching up as a group or snuggling down with a book. For an extra touch of luxury, on the lower-ground floor, you’ll find a hot tub and sauna.
Being taken care of by a chalet host also makes your holiday a lot easier, especially when it comes to food. Six days a week, you can tuck into hearty hot and cold breakfasts (and a cold platter on the seventh day), delicious cakes when you return from the slopes and home-cooked dinners in the evening. What’s more, wine is included with evening meals, as well as an after-dinner cheese board and a glass of port – basically, you won’t be going to bed hungry.
Features - Chalet Woodpecker, Alpe d'Huez, France
- A short walk to the resort centre and Telecentre lift.
- Onsite hot tub and sauna, and lounge area with TV.
- Free WiFi in public areas, allowing you to stay connected throughout your stay.
- Crystal chalet hosts on hand to help you to relax and enjoy your holiday experience, delivering fantastic food and excellent service.
- Children welcome all season.
Accommodation - Chalet Woodpecker, Alpe d'Huez, France
Chalet Woodpecker - sleeps 15
Lower Ground Floor:
Relaxation area with whirlpool, sauna and shower.
Twin/double rooms with shower and WC (1,2,3,4).
Lounge/dining area with terrace, kitchen and ski storage room.
Twin/double room with shower and WC (5).
Eaves room with twin/double beds, extra single bed, bath, WC and shared balcony (6). Please note that this room can only sleep two adults and one child up to 11 years of age.
Twin/double room with shower, WC and shared balcony (7).
Public areas will be cleaned each morning. Rooms will be cleaned twice a week. All linen and towels are provided. All bedroom doors are lockable.
Meals - Chalet Woodpecker, Alpe d'Huez, France
- Hearty breakfast with one cooked option (6 mornings a week)
- Afternoon tea with homemade cakes
- Pre-dinner canapés and drinks
- 3 course evening meals (6 evenings a week)
- Selection of wines with dinner
- Cheeseboard, fresh coffee and a glass of port after dinner
- Early meals for children available
Evening meals come with an allocation of free bottled wine.