Chalet Caribou, Tignes
Chalet Caribou is conveniently situated immediately opposite the Grand Ski, and just 50m away from our Yosemite Nursery. Chalet Caribou occupies the lower level of the building, with Chalet Canvolan situated above. They both share the home cinema room and the sauna which is on the same level as the Caribou. Chalet Caribou offers excellent value family rooms, all of which have their own private en suite facilities, and enjoys excellent views towards Val Claret from the balcony and terrace.
Holidays to this property are particularly suitable for families.
Features - Chalet Caribou, Tignes
- Convenient location in Le Lac de Tignes
- Chardonnet lift approx. 2 minutes walk (230m)
- Les Marmottons children's ski area approx. 5 minutes walk (500m)
- Family rooms with en suite facilities
- Sauna and home cinema room shared with Chalet Canvolan
- Log fireplace in living/dining room
Accommodation - Chalet Caribou, Tignes
- Main entrance: Shared ski and boot room with the Chalet Canvolan, with heated boot racks; stairs down to the Chalet Caribou, home cinema room & shared sauna
- Entrance. Open-plan lounge/dining-room/kitchen with fireplace and large terrace, wc
- Room 1: Triple/Quad room (double bed with single bunk above plus further single bed suitable for a child under 6) with bath/wc
- Room 2: Family quadruple room (double plus 2 single mattresses on a sturdy raised platform 165m above the double bed), with bath/wc
- Suite 3: Double room with shower/wc, inter-connecting to triple room with 3 single beds and bath/wc (no window to triple room)
Meals - Chalet Caribou, Tignes
Breakfast is served buffet-style with a selection of cold options including a choice of cereals or porridge, cold meats, cheese and preserves, and bread (an croissants in France) fruit juices, tea and coffee and a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and beans.
On the staff nights off per week, a continental style breakfast is laid out for you to help yourselves in all chalets whilst it is served as a buffet in our Chalet Hotels.
Every day, apart from the staff days off, a home-baked cake, soup and savory treats, with tea and coffee making facilities, are laid out for you to help yourself when you return from the slopes.
Evening Meals 5 nights a week
5.30pm High Tea
High Tea is served as a 2 course evening meal for all children under 13 as many parents prefer to enjoy adult-only company over dinner. Parents are asked to accompany their children under 3, whilst 3-12 years old are supervised by our childcare team.
7.30pm Adult Dinner
Adult dinner at 7:30pm comprises 4 courses including canapés with a prosecco apéritif, followed by a choice of appetiser, main course and either dessert or local cheese, accompanied by a choice of red, white and rose wine, and culminating with tea or coffee. Adults (and any children aged 8 and over joining the adults) are asked to choose their starter and main course at breakfast time, and there's always a vegetarian daily option too. Please note that children will be eating the adult menu choices if they choose to eat at 7.30pm.
Specific dietary requirements can be catered for at a supplement, if we are advised in advance.
Family Dining Chalets
If it's important to you to eat dinner altogether as a family, we offer Family Dining in any chalet when you book the entire chalet for exclusive use. Dinner is then served from 6:30pm with the menu based on our adult dishes with some flexibility for the children's preferences. There is a supplement of £39 per child for Family Dining.
Our chalet, the Valentine in La Rosiere, is a Family Dining chalets throughout the season, with no additional charge.
Alternatively, you may wish to consider staying with us in a Chalet Hotel where children aged 8 and above have the option of joining their parents at the adult dinner.