Arabella, Val d'Isere
Arabella is a beautiful detached chalet blending traditional Savoyarde design, antiques and furnishings with modern facilities. We have been operating this wonderful chalet for nearly 10 years and it is one of our most sought after. Deservedly popular, it enjoys an enviable ski in/out position on the slopes at the foot of Solaise. From the front door a short ski down a gentle blue takes you straight to the village, the nursery slopes and the main lifts of Solaise and Bellevarde. A free local mini bus service operates during the day to connect with the ski bus at Rond Point or you can walk across the slopes to the resort centre in approximately 10 minutes.
It's quite unusual to get space in French chalets, they tend to make the most of small areas, fortunately this isn't the case here, Arabella boasts a spacious living room with a double height ceiling. Plenty of comfortable seating encourages you to relax around the magnificent stone fireplace providing a focal point to enjoy your pre-dinner canapés. The five twin bedrooms all have en- suite facilities and most have access onto one of the many balconies or terrace with lovely mountain views.
Features - Arabella, Val d'Isere
- All ensuite with baths
- Open fire place
- Terrace off living room and most rooms have balcony.
- Pool table
- Distance to slopes - Ski in/out
- Distance to resort centre - 5/10 minute walk across the nursery slopes
- Ski rental pick up & collection - No last minute panic to get skis back to shop on last day.
Accommodation - Arabella, Val d'Isere
- Chalet accessed through large garage (car parking subject to availability)
- Lift to first and second floor.
- Ski & boot room with direct slope access.
- Living room with steps up to separate dining area.
- Room 1 - twin with en suite bath & wc.
- Room 2 - twin with balcony, en suite bath & wc.
- (Off a minstrel gallery)
- Room 3 - twin with balcony, en suite bath & wc.
- Room 4 - twin with balcony, en suite bath & wc.
- Room 5 - twin with balcony, en suite bath & wc.
Tv(local channels) & DVD player
Music system & Ipod docking station.
Meals - Arabella, Val d'Isere
Our Chalet staff have a well earned day off during your stay. On this day, breakfast and afternoon tea will be laid out for you to help yourself and you are free to sample one of the local restaurants in the evening - our staff will be pleased to help with recommendations and bookings.
Breakfast : Start your day with a hearty breakfast to fuel your day on the slopes, choose from a selection of cereals (not forgetting a bowl of porridge!), fresh fruit and yoghurts, freshly baked local bread and choice of preserves accompanied by fruit juices, tea and coffee. In addition, apart from chalet staff day off and change over day, enjoy a cooked "dish of the day" such as eggs and bacon (not a full English!).
Afternoon tea : On your return from the slopes, pop the kettle on and help yourself to a teatime treat with a slice (or two!) of delicious home-made cake or biscuits.
Dinner: Just imagine a casual dinner party with friends, now imagine that minus the stress of shopping, cooking, clearing up, ordering taxis, organising babysitters...... well now you can! Relax, your evening starts around 7.30pm swapping some ski tales and banter over canapes and aperitif followed by a delicious freshly cooked dinner with unlimited house wine until coffee to finish.
Our Chalet staff always aim to please and if given notice will as much as possible adapt their menus to your specific tastes and dietary requests however we cannot provide vegan, kosher, gluten and dairy free meals and cannot guarantee a nut free environment. We provide a vegetarian alternative for guests that don't eat meat or that evening choice of meat or fish. Please ensure that we know about any dietary requests well in advance of your holiday and that you are happy to compromise with our chalet menu and accept that we cannot offer a completely alternative menu for you.
Children's Supper : We provide a child friendly supper at around 6pm for all children under 12years, if you have sole use of a chalet and you would prefer your children to eat a normal dinner with you at 8pm there is a upgrade ( at a supplement). For those in a shared chalet it is generally expected that under 12s would have the early supper.
- One night during the week will be a 'Simple Supper night' and serve a tasty two course meal of traditional favourites such as a chicken curry or maybe either a tasty lasagne or hearty shepherds pie or perhaps a fish pie.