Hotel Skarsnuten - Hemsedal, Norway
This is such a special place to stay - it really feels like you are in a luxury, secluded ski lodge. And that isn’t too far from the truth. Perched at the top of the ski area the views from this hotel are incredible. The best place to watch the sunset over the mountains is in the restaurant with its floor-to-ceiling windows, plus it also serves up some pretty superb food too. Clip your skis on in the morning and you’re away, and you can ski right back to the door - you can’t beat that for ski-in/ski-out access and thanks to night-skiing running four times a week you can ski back to the hotel until 8:30pm most nights. Getting to and from the village is a doddle using the shuttle bus but you’ll be pushed to leave this little mountain oasis.
Features - Hotel Skarsnuten, Hemsedal
- Phenomenal location, ski-in/ski-out at the top of the mountain.
- Modern, spacious rooms – the upgraded upper floor rooms have stunning views.
- Restaurant serves superb food and has floor to ceiling windows with great views across the valley.
- Lovely lounge bar which is a hot après ski spot after skiing at the weekend.
- Shuttle bus runs to and from the base village and you can get home via night skiing 4 nights a week.
Accommodation - Hotel Skarsnuten, Hemsedal
All rooms have minibar, telephone, satellite/cable, flat screen TV, Free WiFi.
Rooms for 2 people on Half Board sharing a hotel room with twin beds or double bed, and double sofa bed (max 3 adults) and en suite bathroom with shower, sink and WC.
Rooms on upper level floors with better views are available (some with baths) at a supplement.
Deluxe Rooms on the highest floor have stunning views over the valley/slopes, bathrobes and L'Occitane bath products – we love these rooms and would recommend paying the extra money for the view and added little luxuries.
Meals - Hotel Skarsnuten, Hemsedal
- extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 3 course a la carte evening meal · the food here at Skarsnuten is absolutely top class, we love the restaurant too with its floor to ceiling windows with views down the valley and over the slopes