Iglu Ski Expert Review You get the best of both worlds in Chalet Hotel de Verbier, a traditional style property with lots of alpine charm and high standards of comfort, food and space. The Chalet Hotel has an excellent location bang in the centre of town with direct access to all the bars, shops, restaurants, hire shops and transport links.
It’s walk up a hill to get to the main ski lift, about 400 meters uphill to Medran but compared to many properties in Verbier; even the ones the rich and famous own, you’ll be better located than them. At the end of the day the 400 meters is a stroll down hill, the perfect cool down after skiing the best slopes in the world and you’ll go past a few classy bars on the way.
Chalet Hotel de Verbier is opposite the Hotel Farinet which has the popular Farinet Lounge Bar. Après ski here cannot be beaten with live music and extensive cocktail menu.
It’s increasingly hard to get into Swiss ski resorts at a good price, Chalet Hotel de Verbier offers this and I recommend everyone to go to Verbier at least once in their lives.
Chalet Hotel de Verbier - Verbier, Switzerland
Conveniently located on the "Place Centrale," Chalet Hotel de Verbier provides a superb base from which to explore Verbier and the spectacular "4 Valleys" ski area.
The Medran gondolas, which provide the main access from the centre of the resort up to Les Ruinettes and on to La Chaux and Mont Fort, are less than 5 minutes' walk away. Alternatively, take the ski bus which stops just 50m from the hotel. The hotel's public areas are furnished in an attractively rustic Swiss style and provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with a comfortable and spacious lounge with log fire, where afternoon tea and cake is served daily, and adjoining bar with TV. Your buffet breakfast and 5 course evening meal with choice of complimentary wines, is enjoyed in a separate traditionally-styled dining room. All the bedrooms are to a high standard in a modern style and have private bath or shower/wc, and many also have balcony. Some rooms on the 3rd floor are under the eaves and have beamed ceilings adding to their rustic charm. Family suites with two interconnecting twins are available for up to 5 persons with an extra bed.
All the communal areas offer free Wi-Fi and there is a lift for your convenience. A choice of bars, cafés and restaurants are also conveniently close at hand for a well-earned drink after a day on the slopes.
Features - Chalet Hotel de Verbier, Verbier
- Location: Superb central location in the heart of the resort
- Less than 5 minutes’ walk to the main Medran gondolas for easy access to the slopes
- Ski bus stop only 50m from hotel
- Ever wanted to improve your skiing? Then spend a week with us and the Warren Smith Ski Academy.
- All bedrooms to be newly refurbished in a ‘modern mountain’ style for Winter 13/14 with private en suite facilities, cable TV and hairdryer
- Comfortable and welcoming lounge with log fire and adjoining bar
- Ski and boot room with individual lockers
- Free Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lounge/bar
- Ski room
Accommodation - Chalet Hotel de Verbier, Verbier
- All bedrooms with private en suite facilities, cable TV and hairdryer, many also with balcony. Some rooms on the 3rd floor are under the eaves and have beamed ceilings adding to their rustic charm. All the communal areas offer free WI-FI and there is a lift for your convenience.
- Lower Ground Floor Ski and boot room with individual lockers.
- Ground Floor Main entrance, reception, breakfast and dining room, large bar with satellite TV, lounge area with log fire
- First Floor
- Rooms 16, 17, 18, 40, 41, 42, 43 - Twin with bath/wc and balcony
- Room 19 (sleeps 2-4)- Four-bedded room with bath/wc and balcony (4 single beds)
- Room 44 (sleeps 2-5*)- Family suite (2 interconnected twin rooms with shared bath/wc), and balcony
- Second Floor
- Room 22 - Double with hipbath/wc and balcony
- Room 23 - Double with bath/wc and balcony
- Room 24 - Twin room with bath/wc
- Room 25 - Single with bath/wc
- Rooms 26, 27, 28, 50, 51, 52, 53 - Twin with bath/wc and balcony
- Room 29 - Four -bedded room with bath/wc and balcony, additional washbasin
- Room 54 (sleeps 2-5*) - Family suite (2 interconnected twin rooms with shared bath/wc), and balcony
- Third Floor
- Rooms 31, 32, 33 - Twin room with bath/wc, sloping ceiling
- Rooms 34, 60, 61, 62, 63 - Twin with bath/wc and balcony
- Room 64 (sleeps 2-5*) - Family suite (2 interconnected twin rooms with shared bath/wc), and balcony.
- All bedrooms also have cable TV with some English channels, Free Wi-Fi, radio/alarm and hairdryer.
- All floors except lower ground floor served by lift.
- One extra bed possible in some rooms.
- *Basic price applies in suites for 3 or 4 guests; when only 2 guests in room a supplement of £9pppn applies for effectively having a single room each.
Sleeps: 61-77 Guests
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Wireless internet
Meals - Chalet Hotel de Verbier, Verbier
A skiers’ buffet breakfast is available every day, including porridge or cereals, tea, coffee, fruit juice, bread (including croissants in France), cold meats, cheese, fruit and preserves. In addition, our cooked breakfast offers your choice of bacon, eggs, sausage and baked beans. (On the staff’s one day off per week, the Continental buffet is available, but not the cooked breakfast.)
After a tremendous day’s skiing or snowboarding, return to a hot drink and a selection of freshly baked cakes and savouries (daily except on staff’s one day off). Tea and coffee are also available free throughout the daytime in all our Chalet Hotels.
4-course menus served six days each week, accompanied by a choice of complimentary quality wines (including rosé). Dinner starts with canapés and an a glass of prosecco, followed by a starter, main course and dessert or cheese selection to finish.
Vegetarian options are always available, and other special diets can be catered for at a supplement, if booked with us in advance.
One evening each week your Chalet staff have the evening off, enabling you to choose from one of the local restaurants for that evening’s dinner, which our Resort Representative will be delighted to help you book.
Children of all ages are welcome on all dates. We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. However, parents may elect for their children (11 years and under) to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement.