Chalet Hotel du Montet - Val d'Isere, France
Specially built for us in 2012, this charming Chalet Hotel is our Val d’Isère flagship! It is ideally located in Le Fornet, one of the most picturesque parts of the resort, and provides a fantastic base for those looking to be first on the mountain.
Chalet Hotel du Montet is only approximately 4 minutes’ walk from the main Le Fornet cable-car giving direct access into the Espace Killy ski area, and from the shuttle-bus stop (which runs until midnight / until 2:30am in high season) for the short ride to the resort centre. The regular free ski-bus is also useful in the mornings if you wish to start on the Bellevarde or La Daille areas for a change. At the end of the day, experienced skiers can ski directly back to the hotel via an unpisted track.
The du Montet is actually a top-to-bottom conversion of a traditional stone farmhouse, and where possible – as you can see from our photo above – the owner has left the rustic original stonework exposed. The interior meanwhile has been totally re-fitted to an exacting and extremely stylish standard throughout, with superbly equipped bedrooms, complete with TV/DVD players, iPod/mp3 docking stations and Wi-Fi as well as en suite bathrooms. The fantastic facilities are completed by a spa area, ideal for unwinding after a long day on the mountain.
Features - Chalet Hotel du Montet, Val d'Isere
- Charming and stylish new Chalet Hotel
- Open-plan lounge/dining area with bar, flat screen TV/DVD, traditional wood-burning stove and balcony
- Main cable-car and pistes approx. 4 minutes’ walk (400m) Ski back to the door (off-piste)
- Wellness area with sauna, large steam room and 6-8 person whirlpool
- All bedrooms with private en suite facilities, TV/DVD and internet, and several with balcony
- Lift to all floors
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ski in ski out
- Ski room
Accommodation - Chalet Hotel du Montet, Val d'Isere
Lower Ground Floor
Ski & boot room with ski rack and boot warmer. Spa area with steam room, sauna & whirlpool.
Entrance floor with reception and wc.
Lounge, dining area and bar with flat screen TV and DVD, wood burning stove and balcony.
Room 1 - Twin with en suite shower/wc
Room 2 - Double with en suite shower/wc
Rooms 3 & 7 - Twin with en suite shower/wc
Room 4 - Double with en suite shower/wc
Room 5 - Twin with en suite shower/wc and balcony
Room 6 - Double with en suite bath/wc
Room 8 - Twin with en suite shower/wc
Rooms 9 & 11 - Twin/Triple mezzanine with en suite shower/wc
Room 10 - Twin with en suite shower/wc
Room 12 - Twin with en suite shower/wc and balcony
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Drying cabinet
Meals - Chalet Hotel du Montet, Val d'Isere
For Winter 2015/16, the Chalet du Montet will be an ‘Xtra Chalet’ –
Offers all the benefits enjoyed in one of our welcoming chalets, but with a few welcome added extras included to further enhance your stay, including a full residents-only bar run by friendly bar staff, a hearty hot and cold skiers’ buffet breakfast to set you up for the day, cakes and savouries for afternoon tea, a rosé wine as an additional wine choice at dinner, plus a fifth dinner course - a local cheeseboard - to top off the chalet dining experience.
Your Chalet ‘Xtra’ holiday includes:
Dinner is a delicious 5-course chalet menu, served 6 days per week, with vegetarian options always available, plus other special diets catered for at a supplement. Please let us know at the time of booking if you require the alternative vegetarian menu or have any other dietary requirements.
- Full skiers’ buffet breakfast with daily hot option
- Afternoon tea/coffee with cake and savouries
- 5 course evening meals, including local cheeseboard, plus pre-dinner apéritif and canapés
- Choice of complimentary quality wines, including white, red and rosé options for you to enjoy unlimited throughout dinner
- After-dinner tea/coffee & chocolates
- Complimentary tea & coffee available all day
- Free Wi-Fi
- Friendly service from your ‘Xtra Chalet’ team
- Special celebration menus included on Christmas Day & New Year’s Eve
We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 11 years and under to eat at the adult sitting.
• However, where children aged 11 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment per child per week supplement.