Les 4 Vallées ski area
Ski Areas | Skiing in Switzerland
Switzerland’s 4 Valleys ski area links the resorts of Verbier, Nendaz, Thyon, Veysonnaz, Bruson and La Tzoumaz with the use of one ski pass.
The project was thought of in the mid-1970s, with the 4 Valleys finally being created in 1983, with the opening of the Mont Fort cable-car. With a summit of 3330m at the top of Mount-Fort, the 4 Valleys lowest skiing point is 1250m.
There is a wide range of skiing on the 4 Valleys; from adventurous off-piste runs to technical black runs. All abilities of skiers have a lot of suitable terrain to explore, made even more enjoyable because of the exceptional snow conditions. Snowmaking is done well, and, matched with the high altitude; the 4 Valleys ski area rarely has poor conditions.
Ski Resorts in the 4 Valleys
All of the resorts are easily accessible via lift systems, making the 4 Valleys an even more attractive place. Search on Iglu.com for our best holiday offers in the 4 Valleys, whilst you can search accommodation in each of the following resorts:
Ski Holidays in the 4 ValleysVerbier is a larger, more well-known ski resort which has many restaurants and après-ski options. The sunny plateau offers unique panoramic views of Mont-Blanc and the ski area offers limitless possibilities for even the best skier on the mountain.
Nendaz is an ideal ski resort for families, because of its peaceful atmosphere and pretty village. The resort has been awarded a ‘Families Welcome’ seal of quality. Chalet Altair is a beautiful chalet located just 150m from the main chair lift.
Veysonnaz is a small winter sports paradise and is known to be the most attractive village in the 4 Valleys.
Search ski holidays in 4 Valleys in Switzerland.
Top tips from the Iglu Ski Experts
Best mountain bars and restaurants
- La Vache – Best restaurant on the mountain (says sales director, AJ). It’s co-owned by Laurence Delaglio and James Blunt and is well priced and very popular.
- Le Carrefour - Best restaurant on the mountain (says senior ski sales expert, Scotty)
- Chalet Carlsberg – Nice mountain restaurant / bar with sun terrace
- Cabane du Mont-Fort – Great food and brilliant views
- 1936 Bar – Best après bar for one last drink before heading back the mountain.
- The restaurant at the bottom of Mont Fort Glacier is a great place to watch the success and fails at Mogul skiing.
Best Verbier bars and restaurants
- Fer a Cheval – Best pizza with informal atmosphere and large sun terrace
- Pub Mont Fort – Great for a pint (lots of pints), affordable pub food and a seasonaire atmosphere.
- Fairnet Lounge Bar – For late night drinking and chats
Find out more about the best bars in Verbier in our Apres Ski Guide
- Best ski piste (ever!) - Piste de l'ours in Veysonnaz
- Best off piste - Anything off the top of Mont Gele, get a guide to discover the best off piste skiing route in the world. Or ski off the back of Mont Forte for an extreme backcountry route past the dam.
- Best extreme run – Chassoure (Tortin). Best mogul field in the world, with plenty of steep powder if there’s been snow.