Hotel Mooserkreuz, St. Anton, Austria
Surrounded by gorgeous mountain scenery and trees as far as the eyes can see, the Hotel Mooserkreuz is located on the hill just above the resort of St Anton. The authentic Austrian-style building was originally constructed in 1928 by Franz Pfeifer, and in 1949 Frank Josef Opitz expanded it into a hotel. The building has had many owners since then who have added personal touches and made their mark on this unique property.
Step inside and you'll be greeted by the excellent staff who go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. The rooms themselves are cosy and welcoming with warm colours to help you relax after a day in the snow. Each room is also individually furnished, meaning every one has a different character. Make your way downstairs and you'll find an array of hotel amenities. The lounge area, with its traditional-looking furnishings, is a great place to chill out with a book or to catch up after you return from the slopes, and the friendly bar offers a wide range of drinks for you to taste.
And you wouldn't be in Austria if you didn't have access to a spa. The wellness area in the Mooserkreuz has a charming little swimming pool, as well as a sauna and steam room for you to chill out in and rejuvenate those muscles.
The food here is also highly acclaimed. From the huge variety of breakfast options to the beautifully-presented main courses at dinner, you'll look forward to eating each morning and evening.
When it comes to getting to the slopes, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from the centre of St Anton, at various times throughout the day. If you lose track of time and end up staying down in town well into the evening, you can easily catch a taxi back up to the hotel - it won't make a dent in your wallet either. And if you're one who's partial to a bit of after ski, the resort's major après are an easily walkable distance away.
Features - Hotel Mooserkreuz, St. Anton
- Out of town - yet close to red and blue pistes, ski bus stops outside and popular après ski bars.
- Indoor pool and wellness area.
- Great reputation for food.
Accommodation - Hotel Mooserkreuz, St. Anton
All bedrooms have satellite TV, hairdryer and are non-smoking.
- Twin room (15-29m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
- Twin room (25-30m²) - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
- Single room (13-17m²) - sleeps 1: Single bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- Free WiFi
- Sun terrace
- Indoor pool
- Wellness area with sauna and steam room
- Ski room
- 5-minute walk to Osthange 3 red run and Zammermoos 1 blue run
- 15 minutes' downhill walk to the resort centre and Galzig gondola
- Free hotel shuttle stop outside
- 8 minutes' walk to popular après ski bars Mooserwirt, Krazy Kanguruh and Sennhütte
- Free hotel shuttle service from 8.30-11am and from 3.30-5pm
Please note: free ski bus to and from St Anton runs until 6.30pm.
Meals - Hotel Mooserkreuz, St. Anton
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with 3 choices of main course including vegetarian options
- Daily salad and cheese buffet