Last season saw the completion of the 2 year Solaise project which included a new state of the art gondola increasing capacity by 40%, a new day lodge with family facilities and a new beginner area that has transformed the Solaise sector of Val d’Isere.
Despite Brexit and the drop in the value of the sterling, visitors to Val d’Isere has steadily increased in recent years and is expected to do so in 2017/18. Val d’Isere is a firm favourite with British skiers and snowboarders and many holidaymakers return season after season. To retain its world-class status, Val d’Isere has an exciting series of new features for winter 2017/18 including the start of the ambitious ‘Le Coin de Val project.’
Le Coin de Val d’Isere
Val d’Isere have announced details of a huge project named ‘Le Coin de Val.’ The €200 million plan will redevelop the heart of the resort over the next 5 years. The project includes new hotels, apartments, shopping and bar areas, a new welcome centre, underground walkways and more! Work begins this autumn and is scheduled for competition in 2022.
Snow cannons are being built on the cat-track running through Val d’Isere from Stantons to ensure cover throughout the season so it will always be available as an alternative homerun to the daunting Face de Bellevarde. With Europe’s largest artificial snow-making facility, snow in Val d’Isere is guaranteed throughout the season.
New mountain restaurant
L’Étincelle is a new on-piste eatery near the bottom of Solaise, with authentic local cuisine and panoramic views of the ski area
The 60 year hotel has almost been completely rebuilt this summer to create a comfortable four-star property. The hotel boasts a gourmet restaurants, wine bar, games room, covered parking with a Tesla charger and a spa with 2 hot tubs. View more about ski holidays at Hotel L’Avancher.
The four star hotel now has an extra floor with 10 suites and rooms added as well as the ground floor receiving a makeover. View more about ski holidays at Hotel Ormelune.
Planned final design of Hotel l'Avancher
Early booking 2017/18 deals
- 2 for 1 ski or snowboard hire and group discounts on a large range of chalet holidays. View all deals.
- Buy one get one half price lift passes with a selection of apartment, chalet and hotel holidays. View all deals.
- Half price lift passes throughout the season at Chalet La Vieille Maison. View all deals.
- Save 15% on all-inclusive packages to Club Med Val d'Isere. View all deals.
- Family deals on special Baby and Toddler Weeks at Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie. View all deals.
- Early booking savings on Mark Warner ski holidays in Val d'Isere. View deals.
- Short ski breaks in Val d'Isere. View deals.
- 5 night breaks in January. View deals.
- Luxury chalet offers in Val d'Isere. View deals.
New hotel on Solaise for 2018/19
The oldest cable car station in France is about to be transformed into the country’s highest hotel, with 360-degree panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The top of the mountain has quite literally been reshaped over the last 2 years with the introduction of the new day lodge and beginner area. Now the former cable car station at Tête de Solaise will be converted into an all-year-round 40 bedroom hotel with luxurious spa, restaurant and huge sun terrace.
Access in summer will be by road, while in winter the hotel can only be reached by the new Solaise gondola or by snowcat. Scheduled opening date is December, 2018.