Renaissance will introduce new experiences and provide weather-independent activities throughout the year with a focus on Whistler Blackcomb’s core interests, skiing, mountain biking and sightseeing.
Whistler Blackcomb aims to bring the outdoors under cover which mean play can go on whatever the weather and provide a more accessible introduction to the mountains to more people.
Main new features:
- The Watershed: An indoor, four season adventure centre featuring waterslides, surfing pool, rock climbing, cliff jumping, wave pool, hot and cold pools, rope swings, caves, bowling, food areas and even more!
- Blackcomb Adventure Park: New outdoor non-skiing activities for the whole family.
- The Annex: A state of the art indoor Action Sports complex designed for aspiring ski, snowboard, mountain bike, BMX and skateboard athletes.
New for skiing & snowboarding:
- A new high speed ‘Magic’ gondola with both cabins and chairlifts connecting Blackcomb Base & Base II
- Night skiing via the new Magic gondola
- New snow school learning zones.
- Enhanced snowmaking at Blackcomb
- On-Mountain Improvements: Enhance existing infrastructure specific for skiing, mountain biking and exploration.
- Blackcomb Base & Base II: Revitalize Blackcomb's Base Areas, including makeovers of the Blackcomb Daylodge and surrounding Plaza and new ski in-ski out housing.
The project will be launched in 3 phases, the first phase will be investing $100 million in creating the new four season attractions and phase two and three will focus on completing the grand picture and adding the enhancements across all of WB’s guest experiences. The first 2 phases are expected to be complete in 4-5 years.