Ski holidays in Levi, Finland
Levi is the biggest ski resort in Finland and Lapland’s most popular resort. The season usually starts at the end of October and lasts all the way through until mid-May. In recent years, the resort has developed its ski lift system and town to a high standard and now boasts a slope-side village, excellent restaurants and Finland’s largest snow park and ski area.
Levi ski resort
This authentic winter wonderland offers breath-taking scenery all year round. The stunning snow-capped trees and glistening frozen lakes present a captivating picturesque resort that you’ll instantly fall in love with. There are around 40 restaurants in the village that cater for a wide variety of tastes, as well as a number of cafes, bakery’s and mountain stops. There is a lively après ski scene in Levi with a number of pubs and clubs to explore including a sports bar, Irish bar, Karaoke bar and many more.
Skiing in Levi
Levi has 27 ski lifts, including the new Levi South 6 seater chair with heated seats that serves the South ski area. The Levi ski area is regarded as the most extensive in Finland and offers 230 km of cross country skiing, 886 km of snowmobile routes and 20 km of winter walking routes, as well as the 43 ski runs. Levi is best suited to beginner and intermediate skiers. It is an ideal resort to learn to ski with its uncrowded slopes, small classes and English speaking instructors.
Ski accommodations in Levi
There is a selection of self-catered chalets and half board hotels available for ski holidays in Levi. All are in walkable distance to the slopes allowing maximum mountain time on your ski break. Our favourite hotel in Levi is Hotel Crazy Reindeer.
Apres and non-ski activities in Levi
Activities you can book with your rep in resort:
- Excursion to Lainio Snow Village by coach or snowmobile
- Overnight stay in Lainio SnowHotel
- Snowmobile, husky or reindeer tours
- Horse riding through the forest
- Northern Lights excursions by horse drawn sleigh or husky sleds.
- 2 day husky safaris with overnight stay in wilderness lodge
- Ice karting
- Kite skiing
- Traditional Lappish meal night
- Snowshoeing (by day or in search of the Northern Lights)
- Visits to meet Santa
- Levitunturi "Spa Water World"
- Ski taster days for beginners
- Winter walks
Activities you can pre-book before your holiday:
- Overnight stay in a luxury glass igloo – Just a 15 minute drive away, this unique trip is the perfect way to observe the Northern lights from the comfort of your own bed. Premium and Superior options are available.
- Lainio SnowHotel visit - The 3 hour trip includes a scenic evening coach and a guided tour around the famous Snow Village with it’s amazing ice sculptures, SnowHotel suites, ice bar, ice restaurant and more!
- Snowmobile safaris – 2 hours excursion starting from in the resort. Enjoy a 28 km ride through the stunning scenery. The safari is available during the day as a family friendly trip or in the evening ‘In Search of the Northern Lights.’ Longer trips can be booked in resort.
- Husky safaris – Visit the local husky farm and enjoy a rememberable husky sleigh ride. There are lots of options, starting from a Husky Mini Safari with a 2km sleigh ride and 1 and a half hours in total at the farm up to a Husky Half Day safari with a 15km safari and 3 hours in total at the farm.
- Northern Lights Husky Safari – This 3 hour safari includes a 10km sled ride under the night sky in search of the Northern Lights. The sleds are driven by the guide and the price includes a drink and snacks at the Kammi hut after.
- Snowshoeing Safari – A 2 hour guided tour can be taken during the day or in the evening in search of the Northern Lights.
- Reindeer Safari and Sámi reindeer farm visit – Just a 15 mins drive away is the local Sámi reindeer farm. Spend 1 and half hours at the farm feeding and learning about the reindeer before a scenic sleigh ride and a hot drink and cake at the end of the visit.
- Horse riding Safari – 2 and half hour excursion including over 1 hour on the horse.
- Northern Lights Horse-drawn sleigh ride – 1 and half hours excursion including 20-30 minutes on the sleigh ride through the snowy landscape in search of the Northern Lights.
- Ice Karting competition – 2 hour excursion. Just 10 mins drive away; you can enjoy a fun day driving around this easy-to-drive Ice Kart on a snow packed track.
- Santa’s Secret Home excursion with private Santa visit for every child – Just 15 mins drive away is the magical home of Santa, nestled away in a snowy magical forest. Visit Santa and his reindeers plus many other activities during this 2 and a half hours excursion.
- SantaPark with private Santa visit for every child – Day excursion to an indoor grotto theme park (2 and a half hours drive away)
Levi ski pass prices
The prices for the Levi lift pass for the 2021/22 ski season can be found below.
|Number of days||Adult price||Child price|